Windows 10: Since I installed my printer a weird popup keeps on appearing

Discus and support Since I installed my printer a weird popup keeps on appearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday before I setuped my printer correctly I tried to connect it to my PC and sent some files to print for testing. Since it wasn't setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Felix-Olivier Landry, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Since I installed my printer a weird popup keeps on appearing

Yesterday before I setuped my printer correctly I tried to connect it to my PC and sent some files to print for testing. Since it wasn't setup correctly I had the following error message:

Since I installed my printer a weird popup keeps on appearing 0b129844-4b70-4fbd-bd17-1f01271a09ac?upload=true.png

Now, even after I correctly setup my printer this popup keeps on appearing every 15 seconds, I don't know what to do.

Here are some screenshots of my device manager and devices in the control panel if it can help:

Since I installed my printer a weird popup keeps on appearing 9cc8a394-ac7b-4458-986a-274fc519d7b1?upload=true.png

Since I installed my printer a weird popup keeps on appearing 0b221074-705a-4ed4-9e63-b768146ede63?upload=true.png

:)

Felix-Olivier Landry, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

laptop keeps losing printer

Hi Roy,

There appears to be a problem with the driver for the printer that is installed on the laptop. Let's look into some things to identify what needs to be corrected. Kindly answer the following:

• Do you get any error messages when using the devices?
    • How do you uninstall and reinstall the printer?

Let's run the Printer Troubleshooter in Control Panel to collect more information about the problem. It may also fix the issue since Windows troubleshooters are designed to correct the issues they find on the system. Follow these steps to run the suggested
    tool:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Printer and allow the troubleshooter to run.

We can move forward based on your updates.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 10, 2019
  3. LemP Win User
    Printer installation

Although the HP support forum is a good place to ask this question, I have some doubt whether you'll actually get a useful answer. As far as I can see, the main suggestion there is to completely uninstall and reinstall the HP printer software. That may
    or may not work. I didn't notice any positive responses to such suggestions.

If you're willing to take a few more diagnostic steps, perhaps I can suggest something.

How do you want to connect the printer to your computer: USB or wi-fi?

At this point, is anything related to this printer installed? For example:

• Click Start, type Programs and Features into the Search box, and press Enter. If there are any HP-related programs listed here, what are they?
    • Open Devices and Printers. If there are any HP devices shown here, please list them.
    • Still in Devices and Printers, select (click once) any item in the "Printers and Faxes" section. Now click the link at the top for "Print Server Properties." Select the "Drivers" tab. If there are any HP-related items shown here, please list them.
    • Select the "Ports" tab and scroll down past the LPT and COM ports until you get to FILE: . Please list any ports that appear after FILE:
    • Make sure that your OfficeJet 6962 is powered on. Click Start, type Fax and Scan in the Search box, and Press Enter. Click the "Scan" button at the lower left. Click "Tools" in the menu bar and then click either "Scan routing" or "Scan settings." Was
      the scanner selected or not?

4. Since I installed my printer a weird popup keeps on appearing

Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Since I installed my printer a weird popup keeps on appearing

1. Since I installed my printer a weird popup keeps on appearing - Similar Threads - Since installed printer

2. I want to remove this FONDUE popup that keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove this FONDUE popup that keeps appearing: This annoying popup keep appearing over the last few days. Its happening every 10-15 mins or so. I have never seen it before, have no idea what it is and I do not want it. Im not very tech smart, I know very little about computers, How do I safely remove or turn off this...
  3. I want to remove this FONDUE popup that keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to remove this FONDUE popup that keeps appearing: This annoying popup keep appearing over the last few days. Its happening every 10-15 mins or so. I have never seen it before, have no idea what it is and I do not want it. Im not very tech smart, I know very little about computers, How do I safely remove or turn off this...
  4. I want to remove this FONDUE popup that keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I recently installed a new HP printer. Since then, an image has appeared in the lower...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently installed a new HP printer. Since then, an image has appeared in the lower...: I recently installed a new HP printer. Since then, an image has appeared in the lower right corner of my screen. I can't delete it and don't dare open it. McAffee has not detected any issues. I don't see how to attach a screen shot but the picture has a blue background and...
  6. I recently installed a new HP printer. Since then, an image has appeared in the lower...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently installed a new HP printer. Since then, an image has appeared in the lower...: I recently installed a new HP printer. Since then, an image has appeared in the lower right corner of my screen. I can't delete it and don't dare open it. McAffee has not detected any issues. I don't see how to attach a screen shot but the picture has a blue background and...
  7. Weird Popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Popup: [ATTACH]What is this about? It happened after I logged in and after I restarted my computer. It hasn't caused my any trouble yet though and everything seems to be working fine so far. Please help....
  8. Weird popups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird popups: Hello Microsoft employees, I would like to inquiry about some strange popups I've been getting. Sometimes when I download an image I get a message saying index.jpg already exists. I know that they can be renamed to fix it but I want a more efficient way of doing this....
  9. Weird popup appearing frequently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird popup appearing frequently: Does anyone know why does this "du.centennial" show up quite frequently on my desktop or have similar experience? I haven't been able to locate any processes running with any of those names. Could it be an add service running from within Windows? I would like to know if it is...
  10. Program or background process popup keeps appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program or background process popup keeps appearing: For days I've been getting this popup window on my Windows 10 Build 1803 computer: "The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information to a developer?" It occurs intermittently, often every 5-10 minutes, and is EXTREMELY annoying. When...