Windows 10: Since I re-installed Windows my sound hasn't worked properly

Discus and support Since I re-installed Windows my sound hasn't worked properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently did a windows 10 re-install gor the purpose of clearong spsce etc, although since then I have created more issues than I originally had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TemperedEgg, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Since I re-installed Windows my sound hasn't worked properly

I recently did a windows 10 re-install gor the purpose of clearong spsce etc, although since then I have created more issues than I originally had

For starters I am unable to connect to the internet properly without errors, however this is easily fixed. However my biggest issue is with sound. Everytime my computer restarts for whatever reason my sound doesn't properly work.

Sometimes after messing around with the settings in RealTek HD Audio Manager I am able to get my sound working, although after doing that my microphone no longer eorks

Sometomes then the exact opposite happens, my microphone will work however my sound won't

I already tried reinstalling the drivers , I tried doing another system restore. I know my headset works for definite. This issue has only started since i did a windows reset and re-install. If someone could help, I'd really appreciate it

:)

TemperedEgg, Jan 6, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Sound driver is not working properly

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What is the make and model the computer?

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.
    d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.
    Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps follows for Windows 10 also)

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 6, 2019
  4. Since I re-installed Windows my sound hasn't worked properly

sound not working

Hello Austin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Since I re-installed Windows my sound hasn't worked properly

1. Since I re-installed Windows my sound hasn't worked properly - Similar Threads - Since installed sound

2. Windows Security hasn't worked properly since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security hasn't worked properly since upgrading to Windows 11: The Windows Security interface is always buggy as seen in the attached image.I am able to go into each individual section, but beyond that the app is unresponsive. For example, going into the Virus & Threat protection section will show me the current threats, However I'm...
  3. Windows Security hasn't worked properly since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security hasn't worked properly since upgrading to Windows 11: The Windows Security interface is always buggy as seen in the attached image.I am able to go into each individual section, but beyond that the app is unresponsive. For example, going into the Virus & Threat protection section will show me the current threats, However I'm...
  4. Sound not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not working properly: The sound in my laptop is not working properly, when I click the volume keys and I change the volume from configuration it doesn't actually turn the volume up or down from the laptop. I'll have to do it from the settings of the app or game I'm using at the moment. The icon of...
  5. Sound not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound not working properly: The sound in my laptop is not working properly, when I click the volume keys and I change the volume from configuration it doesn't actually turn the volume up or down from the laptop. I'll have to do it from the settings of the app or game I'm using at the moment. The icon of...
  6. my system sound is not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my system sound is not working properly.: my system sound is not working properly. If am watching or attenting clases by audio stops then i restart it will work for few minutes less than 5 minutes. what is the solution for this?...
  7. Microphone not working in Windows RE since 17783

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microphone not working in Windows RE since 17783: The API winmm waveInOpen return "Undefined external error" in Windows RE since 17783 The error comes from the call to the below API: [DllImport"winmm.dll"] public static extern uint waveInOpenref IntPtr hWaveIn, uint deviceId, ref WAVEFORMATEX wfx, IntPtr...
  8. WIFI not working properly since Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI not working properly since Windows update: My Samsung notebook has recently had a windows update and since then my previously strong WIFI signal is now incredibly poor. I can only connect to the WIFI when sat right next to the router, previously connection has been possible with a good signal all over the house....
  9. windows 10 sounds not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 sounds not working properly: Hello, I've upgraded my PC to windows 10 and sounds are not working properly. I can hear the sounds on headphone but not very clear. I barely hear if someone speaks and a lot of noise and the voice is distorted. I do not have built-in speakers in my machine. Volume is ok...
  10. My Windows 10 hasn't updated since April 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 hasn't updated since April 2017: My Windows 10 stopped updating last April (2017), and I've been trying unsuccessfully to fix this. Hopefully someone can help. Some data on my system, and things I've tried: Update history - According to my Windows update history, the last update was: Windows Malicious...