Windows 10: since i rolled back event viewer corrupt

Discus and support since i rolled back event viewer corrupt in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since I rolled back, my event viewer has gone all corrupt and doesn't seem to want to load anymore, I just get "MMC has detected an error in a snap in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ImaVorlon, Jun 27, 2019.

1. ImaVorlon Win User

since i rolled back event viewer corrupt

Since I rolled back, my event viewer has gone all corrupt and doesn't seem to want to load anymore, I just get "MMC has detected an error in a snap in and will unload it, with options to Report to Microsoft or unload … doesn't tell me anything else

:)

ImaVorlon, Jun 27, 2019
  2. spike47 Win User

Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Corrupt Event Viewer after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the system and check if it works.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 27, 2019
  4. nancy3243 Win User

Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. since i rolled back event viewer corrupt - Similar Threads - since rolled event

2. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  3. roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  4. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Edge Corrupted according to Event Viewer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Corrupted according to Event Viewer.: I don't use Edge, but I would still like for it not to be corrupted, to prevent other issues cropping up because of it.These are the two errors that will pop up, around 3 of each every day. Is there any way I can repair Edge?...
  6. Event Viewer logging only since last power on

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer logging only since last power on: I'm experiencing this weird freezing issue where I could be playing a game and suddenly everything will pause, and yet some parts of programs will be active. Such as in Battlefront II just now, I could move the camera around my character as he was frozen mid-run, but...
  7. Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt: My desktop computer is always crashing randomly with a buzzing sound before rebooting automatically. Sometimes it won't show image when rebooting ex. No signal or a black screen and I would have to try several times in order for the display to show image. I tried many...
  8. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  9. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433
  10. What if I roll back

in Windows 10 Support
    What if I roll back: Dear Friends, I have 2 systems. One is a laptop, which came pre-installed with Windows 8.1 (64 bit). Another is a PC, which I built myself (bought all the components- motherboard, processor, RAM, HDD etc.) and installed an OEM version of Windows 7 Home Basic (64 bit) on...