Windows 10: Since I started using Win 10 home or work computer, search of file contents exact phrase...

Discus and support Since I started using Win 10 home or work computer, search of file contents exact phrase... in Cortana to solve the problem; This is really a problem because I need always to search for names and addresses in files, and order makes a great difference in these cases. I use a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by nilsonrdg, Jul 23, 2020.

1. nilsonrdg Win User

Since I started using Win 10 home or work computer, search of file contents exact phrase...

This is really a problem because I need always to search for names and addresses in files, and order makes a great difference in these cases.

I use a portuguese version, but I was searching in English posts because I thought it would be easy to find a solution in those posts, but it seems there's no solution to the question "why is WIN 10 Search of file contents exact phrase broken?"

:)

nilsonrdg, Jul 23, 2020
  2. nilsonrdg Win User

Since I started using Win 10 (home or work computer), search of file contents exact phrase doesn't work. Is there some solution?

This is really a problem because I need always to search for names and addresses in files, and order makes a great difference in these cases.

I use a portuguese version, but I was searching in English posts because I thought it would be easy to find a solution in those posts, but it seems there's no solution to the question "why is WIN 10 Search of file contents exact
    phrase broken?"

nilsonrdg, Aug 1, 2020
  3. emanymton Win User
    Windows 10 - How to search an exact phrase in file contents?

To search for an exact phrase within a file, type “content:” and then the word/phrase. For example,
    content:”feet smell like scallions”

emanymton, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Since I started using Win 10 home or work computer, search of file contents exact phrase...

Windows 10 - How to search an EXACT PHRASE in file contents

When searching file contents for an exact phrase by using quotes such as "site assessment" the search results include
    all files that contain the words "site" or "assessment" and not the exact phrase.

How do you limit the search results to exactly what is typed in quotes? Need help ASAP!!! Thank you!

JonathanPM, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Since I started using Win 10 home or work computer, search of file contents exact phrase...

1. Since I started using Win 10 home or work computer, search of file contents exact phrase... - Similar Threads - Since started using

2. File content search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File content search not working: Hello, file content search is not working, I have many MS Word documents, all of them have unique code in it, trying to find files using that code, but it is not working anymore, that started like 1 week ago. System is Windows 10, 21H2. Tried rebuilding search indexing, but...
  3. File content search not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File content search not working: Hello, file content search is not working, I have many MS Word documents, all of them have unique code in it, trying to find files using that code, but it is not working anymore, that started like 1 week ago. System is Windows 10, 21H2. Tried rebuilding search indexing, but...
  4. File content search not working

in Cortana
  5. Windows file contents search not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows file contents search not working.: I turned on the file contents search here. I have a python file with the following contentsclass RectangleConstructiveSolidGeometry: """ 2D Rectangle Parameters ========== point_1 : tuple with 2 ints or floats lower bound point of rectangle point_2 : tuple with 2 ints or...
  6. Windows file contents search not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file contents search not working.: I turned on the file contents search here. I have a python file with the following contentsclass RectangleConstructiveSolidGeometry: """ 2D Rectangle Parameters ========== point_1 : tuple with 2 ints or floats lower bound point of rectangle point_2 : tuple with 2 ints or...
  7. How to search an EXACT PHRASE in file contents - explorer

How to search an EXACT PHRASE in file contents - explorer: Hi, I am after some help, this question has been asked several times in the community but the suggestions are not working so I will ask again maybe somebody found a workaround. Windows 10 - How to search an EXACT PHRASE in file contents? I am searching daily through 1000...
  8. How to search for exact match in file contents?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to search for exact match in file contents?: Is it possible to specify an exact match when searching for text within the contents of files? I am trying to use the search bar in the upper right corner of Windows Explorer to search for an exact text string in a folder full of PDFs and have tried the following methods...
  9. Windows 10 - How to search an EXACT PHRASE in file contents

Windows 10 - How to search an EXACT PHRASE in file contents: When searching file contents for an exact phrase buy using quotes such as "site assessment" the search results includeall files that contain the words and "site" or "assessment" and not the exact phrase. How do you limit the search results to exactly what is typed in quotes?...
  10. why is WIN 10 Search of file contents exact phrase broken?

in Cortana
    why is WIN 10 Search of file contents exact phrase broken?: So I have XP and Win 10, XP search works just fine, so much so that I put any files I want to search on a USB to have XP find what I need. SO WHY DOES WIN 10 Search SUCK? It does not matter if you use quotes or not, if there is a space in the search phrase it ALWAYS...