Windows 10: Since installing chrome and windows update, I have some unfamiliar processes running, what...

Discus and support Since installing chrome and windows update, I have some unfamiliar processes running, what... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since installing chrome and windows update, I have some unfamiliar processes running, which all end '598de' which I didn't notice before my issues with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LGA UK, Jun 11, 2021.

1. LGA UK Win User

Since installing chrome and windows update, I have some unfamiliar processes running, what...

Since installing chrome and windows update, I have some unfamiliar processes running, which all end '598de' which I didn't notice before my issues with the windows update yesterday. They all point to one of these:-C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k ClipboardSvcGroup -pC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService -pC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k BthAppGroup -pC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k DevicesFlowC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k UnistackSvcGroupC:\WINDOWS\system32\CredentialEnrollmentManager.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k DevicesFlow -pC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k

:)

LGA UK, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

3. bencrutz Win User
    Chrome running 6 processes with 1 window.

that is normal, like everybody said. chrome also sandboxed the plugins (flash player, java etc)

edit: on chrome, press SHIFT + ESC if you want to know the details about all the processes it created

bencrutz, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Since installing chrome and windows update, I have some unfamiliar processes running, what...

Chrome running 6 processes with 1 window.

Is this normal? Just opening chrome i get 5 extra processes.

1 window-No extra Tabs. (yes i know extra processes pop up with more tabs)

Lost Hatter, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Since installing chrome and windows update, I have some unfamiliar processes running, what...

1. Since installing chrome and windows update, I have some unfamiliar processes running, what... - Similar Threads - Since installing chrome

2. I can't get notifications since a Chrome update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get notifications since a Chrome update: On Saturday, Chrome updated itself. Since then, I no longer receive any notifications in the notification center. For example, sites like Facebook and YouTube always sent notifications, and no longer do. In YouTube, the button to receive notifications in Chrome toggles itself...
  3. Hello I have been seeing some unknown Things running since i last updated The windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello I have been seeing some unknown Things running since i last updated The windows: This Mpksl Was not their before suddenly something like this is showing in SYsinfo,I tried to google but many confusing things showed up.That is the reason I have been requesting to guide me with this specific topic along with one another ....Topic which the image is...
  4. Unfamiliar admin

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unfamiliar admin: There's a file under "This PC" labeled "Admin01 FaMdevice" that is inaccessible to me. The message reads: "Admin01 FaMdevice is denying access to your PC. Contact the owner of the media server to allow your PC to access it." my user name is not anything close to that When I...
  5. Since I have updated to Window 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since I have updated to Window 10...: After I had updated to Windows 10 nothing works on my start window and every time it does an additional update I lose all my saved files I have made. None of the apps work and all that I have pinned have disappeared. It is very frustrating....
  6. Hidden chrome processes... what are they for/doing?

in Browsers and Email
    Hidden chrome processes... what are they for/doing?: [img] When I opened process explorer and chromes internal task manager the number of chrome processes in each was very different and I would like to know why chromes internal task manager listed 12 and I'm fine with the 12 it lists but process explorer listed 30 chrome...
  7. I have google chrome installed but cannot activate it since yesterday - help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have google chrome installed but cannot activate it since yesterday - help!: I have Google Chrome installed but since yesterday am unable to access this - help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-google-chrome-installed-but-cannot-activate/78bf08ce-721e-4957-80d7-6780d4477332
  8. After running 360 Antivirus some processes have become suspended

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After running 360 Antivirus some processes have become suspended: [img] 115226
  9. After running 360 Antivirus some processes have become suspended

in Windows 10 Support
    After running 360 Antivirus some processes have become suspended: [img] 115226
  10. Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running

in Browsers and Email
    Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running: I have a habit of looking at task manager regularly when the computer is on particularly when I feel warm air coming out of the right hand side "mouse" vent. When I looked just now I saw this?? At the most I have only ever seen 4 or 6 at a time. What the hell do you think...