Windows 10: Since installing the 1903 update, I'm getting a blank screen after sign in

Discus and support Since installing the 1903 update, I'm getting a blank screen after sign in in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I turn on the computer. The screen displays normally the lock/login screen. I enter my password, the desktop is briefly visible before the screen goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hasdrubal_, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Since installing the 1903 update, I'm getting a blank screen after sign in

I turn on the computer. The screen displays normally the lock/login screen. I enter my password, the desktop is briefly visible before the screen goes completely white.

Win+ctrl+shift+b "fixes" the issue (insofar as I can resume using the computer again); however I'm frustrated about 1903 creating a new bug where I had a functional system before.

Is there any timeline for an update that might address this issue? Are there any optional patches available now?

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 2600
    GPU: RX 580
    Display: Samsung LC24FG73FQUXEN (1080@144 Hz)

:)

hasdrubal_, Jun 6, 2019

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jun 6, 2019
  3. ChaimM Win User
    Screen blank after clicking "sign in"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

BTW its not this computer which is the Surface Pro4 set up by Best Buy Geek squad last week and working just fine.

All your suggestions are pure goobledygook to me.

As I said I have a blank screen rendering the computer unsuable - no taskbar, no "roll-back" possibility, no nothing.

Sorry but a trifle frustrated here with a problem which I have no idea how to even approach, never mind resolve.

And I really do not have the time for this either.

I am using my computer by clicking on "user", using the mouse to raise the picture then getting a blank screen.

I then do Alt Control Delete get the blue screen with the list including "task manager" clicking on that and somehow getting to a screen with "desktop" in the menu and then choosing a programme from the desktop list. All this remaining in a small window
    which I then enlarge.

Not why I updated to Windows 10!!!

BTW my Windows 7 was working just fine with no glitches or hassles.

THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR ME!!!

HELP!!

ChaimM, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Since installing the 1903 update, I'm getting a blank screen after sign in

KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Since installing the 1903 update, I'm getting a blank screen after sign in

1. Since installing the 1903 update, I'm getting a blank screen after sign in - Similar Threads - Since installing 1903

2. I'm stuck on blank screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck on blank screen.: This is what it looks like:I tried ctrl+shift+esc, tha task manager didn't showed up, ctrl+shift+win+b didn't resolve the issue. What else I can try? I enabled aquatic contrast theme, that's how it happend...
  3. I'm stuck on blank screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm stuck on blank screen.: This is what it looks like:I tried ctrl+shift+esc, tha task manager didn't showed up, ctrl+shift+win+b didn't resolve the issue. What else I can try? I enabled aquatic contrast theme, that's how it happend...
  4. blank screen with pointer after signing in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    blank screen with pointer after signing in: i tried opening task manager to find windows explorer, i couldn’t find it. i then ran explorer.exe and the task bar and everything started flashing. i also got an error which said sihost unknown hard error. i have tried going into safe mode too. i installed my drivers last...
  5. Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Flashes Blank upon sign in after cumulative update.: I posted this question a month back in this Reddit post. The problem occuring is after this update till the sign in screen there are no problems but upon reaching the desktop the screen starts flashing blank and a notification appears that nvidia control panel was not found....
  6. Blank Screen after Signing In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen after Signing In: Hi I have 2 screens connected to my laptop, both screens have power and visuals prior to signing in. After I sign past the log on screen, 1 of my screens goes completely blank. It still has power but no curser visible. I have tried the plug, the connections, the...
  7. Since updating to 1903, I am getting blue screen crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since updating to 1903, I am getting blue screen crashes.: I am up to date with all items. 1st I get a RunDLL message: There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dIII The specified module could not be found I have x'd the message & tried clicking on OK with the same result. In about 15-20 seconds it crashes to...
  8. blank screens after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blank screens after update.: after the last windows update i can no longer see some windows. the problem windows appears as a bank white canvas. This was happening with Visual studio but i was able to fix with making some aplication adjustments but it happens with general windows like the VSIX installer....
  9. Blank Screen after installing recomended updates.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blank Screen after installing recomended updates.: I have a HP ENVY 700 PC Series desktop computer. I installed three recommended updates. After the updates were installed the start screen came up and after inputting my password I got the welcome message and then the screen went blank. The only thing showing is the mouse...
  10. Sign-in Option screen is blank after Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sign-in Option screen is blank after Windows 10 install: After the update, I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop. I was not asked to change my password to a pin. I thought this was odd, because that was the process with another laptop at work that I have successfully updated. Thinking nothing about it, I proceeded, and it looks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 update causing blank monitor screen

2. since updating to 1903 edge start page is blank

3. signing in issue 1903 update