Windows 10: Since last update can't make my secondary keyboard stay preferred - BUG

Discus and support Since last update can't make my secondary keyboard stay preferred - BUG in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since last update, I have a problem. Windows, apps and everything is in English. However, I want to have Croatian keyboard since it is on my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dubrovnik4, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Since last update can't make my secondary keyboard stay preferred - BUG

Since last update, I have a problem.

Windows, apps and everything is in English. However, I want to have Croatian keyboard since it is on my laptop and I have other people with me using the laptop and computer, with the same problem. So, display language is English and it should stay so. Preferred languages are English, Croatian and Italian in that order. In advanced keyboard settings, Croatian is set as default, but each time I start Windows, it's back to English. Quite annoying. Is there some fix or registry key that could be changed until Microsoft fixes this bug ? It's really annoying since I also use Remote desktop and on remote computer, if I connect with English keyboard, a lot of bad things happen. I didn't change anything in my settings, only thing different is update to windows that I did. Before, it worked as it should.

:)

dubrovnik4, Mar 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Remove secondary keyboard language.

Hi Jacob,

Removing a keyboard layout can be done through Control Panel and
    Settings. Before doing so, make sure that the language pack of your preferred keyboard layout is installed on your computer. To remove a keyboard layout through
    Control Panel, here's how:

• Go to Control Panel. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click
      Add a language.
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to remove, then click Options
      > Remove.

To remove a keyboard layout through Settings, refer to these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to delete, then click Remove.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Since last update can't make my secondary keyboard stay preferred - BUG

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Since last update can't make my secondary keyboard stay preferred - BUG

1. Since last update can't make my secondary keyboard stay preferred - BUG - Similar Threads - Since last update

2. My touchpad bugs a lot since my last driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad bugs a lot since my last driver update: Hello everyone, I'm writing this ticket because after updating my touchpad driver on the lenovo site, it started to bug.The sensitivity is very slow, the cursor blinks, I can't scroll anymore, and I can't find the touchpad adjustment system.I'd like to know if there's a...
  3. My touchpad bugs a lot since my last driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad bugs a lot since my last driver update: Hello everyone, I'm writing this ticket because after updating my touchpad driver on the lenovo site, it started to bug.The sensitivity is very slow, the cursor blinks, I can't scroll anymore, and I can't find the touchpad adjustment system.I'd like to know if there's a...
  4. My touchpad bugs a lot since my last driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged: I have a somewhat baffling issue. I have to use more than 10 different input methods for typing in different languages on my home PC and Surface since I need them for work. My devices share their keyboards due to my account synchronising. Though the device language is always...
  6. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged: I have a somewhat baffling issue. I have to use more than 10 different input methods for typing in different languages on my home PC and Surface since I need them for work. My devices share their keyboards due to my account synchronising. Though the device language is always...
  7. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Switch of symbols on keyboard since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch of symbols on keyboard since last update: Since the last Windows 10 update a couple of weeks ago, why have the @ and " switched places on my key board and my hash symbol become a £? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-of-symbols-on-keyboard-since-last-update/ee7b3351-0697-4cec-aa3e-4cd695dd48f0
  9. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538