Windows 10: since last update, constantly losing internet access

Discus and support since last update, constantly losing internet access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows (build 2004, 19041.508) seems to think I should be using wifi instead of ethernet, I randomly get no internet access and have to enable wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gem, Oct 7, 2020.

1. GEM
    gem Win User

since last update, constantly losing internet access

Windows (build 2004, 19041.508) seems to think I should be using wifi instead of ethernet, I randomly get no internet access and have to enable wifi and disable airplane mode and then disable wifi and enable airplane mode just to reconnect ethernet. It's really annoying, the first time it happened I removed the ethernet adapter and rebooted so it would reinstall, and still didn't work until I enabled wifi. This is really stupid. Windows also randomly shows my router as a media server for no particular reason either, anybody else with this situation? Or knows which update I can uninstall to get rid of this behaviour? thanks

:)

2. Remon Ont Win User

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Randomly losing internet

Again, do you drop out from the network entirely or do you only lose internet access, and if the second bit do all devices lose access?

Frick, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. since last update, constantly losing internet access - Similar Threads - since last update

2. Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection: A few months ago my computer custom build about 5 years old stopped connecting to the internet and my Logitech bluetooth keyboard and trackball would randomly become unresponsive, so I bought a new TP-Link WiFi 6 PCIe card which fixed things for one day. When the issue...
  3. Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constantly losing internet and bluetooth connection: A few months ago my computer custom build about 5 years old stopped connecting to the internet and my Logitech bluetooth keyboard and trackball would randomly become unresponsive, so I bought a new TP-Link WiFi 6 PCIe card which fixed things for one day. When the issue...
  4. No internet access since 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access since 23h2 update: Hello,With the 23h2 update today, it seem that my computer cannot connect to internet. Wifi, etherner, doesnt matter. I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-since-23h2-update/dd08d80f-aad8-4e2c-b8f8-10a358ab2246
  5. No internet access since 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet access since 23h2 update: Hello,With the 23h2 update today, it seem that my computer cannot connect to internet. Wifi, etherner, doesnt matter. I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-since-23h2-update/dd08d80f-aad8-4e2c-b8f8-10a358ab2246
  6. Constant BSOD since last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD since last Windows 10 update: Hi all Ever since the latest windows 10 update I've been bombarded with constant BSOD errors. My PC has become that unstable that it'll sometimes even crash every 5 minutes. Every time the BSOD is about the same thing: error code 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000094,...
  7. WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity: This just started happening maybe about 1 month ago. I'm not a novice but this one has me stumped. I have a (home built) PC with an MSI Krait Edition motherboard and a PCI ethernet card with external WiFi and Bluetooth antenna. Worked rock-solid for 3-4 years until now. Now...
  8. Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected but "No internet" Constantly losing internet connection: Dear Microsoft Community, I am not sure if this problem has been solved already, since I could not find anything related to that. So, once I am conneting to our WiFi network, I have a good working internet connection. I do that using my "Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN...
  9. Internet access keeps dying since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet access keeps dying since last update: Since the last Windows update (kb4505903), my Win 10 keeps losing access to the internet though network connection is fine. When I run the troubleshooter, it restarts the Wifi adaptor. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I've tried reinstalling the Wifi adaptor to no...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538