Windows 10: Since last update, windows will not recognise my (functioning) internet connection

Discus and support Since last update, windows will not recognise my (functioning) internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last update broke the audio on my windows so I repaired my windows installation which worked. However, I also discivered that that windows was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dr.Fish, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Dr.Fish Win User

Since last update, windows will not recognise my (functioning) internet connection

Last update broke the audio on my windows so I repaired my windows installation which worked. However, I also discivered that that windows was not recognising any network connections (wired or wifi), despite the fact that I can still use web browsers, stream movies and play online games. I'm not running any 3rd party antivirus, just the Windows one and nothing has changed in the hardware or software in the period leading up to the failure, other than the W10 auto-update.

I have tried everything I could find on the fora (e.g. check and re-install drivers, clean boot, tweaking the registry etc. etc.) and I still cant get cortana or windows update to work. I notice this is not a rare problem; peole have been complaining about it for several years, but MS don't seem to have been able to resolve it (ands I must say I echo the feelings of frustration of Windows customers being used as crash test dummies by MS for this horribel rolling update process and not being able to opt out of it any longer).

MAny peole seem to end up giving up on fixing the issue and having to totally reinstall windows (which really isn't a good option for me as I would lose some important programs that I no longer have installation media for), or even buying a new computer! I would be grateful for any insights or solutions the community (or by some miracle, MS) may have.

/ScanHealth returns "no component store corruption detected" so I have no idea whats going on.

I am using a Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Windows 10 (1809) build 17763.195

:)

Dr.Fish, Dec 24, 2018
  2. BB_13 Win User

Windows 10/Microsoft apps do not recognise internet connection

Cannot login to microsoft account, store. Outlook does not recognise internet connection either although the edge browser weirdly does.

All other internet enabled applications function normally when connected

Have tried all suggested solutions (mainly resetting TCP/IP disabling firewalls/antivirus) and and not sure what to try next or how to get to the bottom of this.

WIndows update will not run either.

BB_13, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Rob_860 Win User

Since last update, windows will not recognise my (functioning) internet connection

Why does Windows 10 not recognise that I am connected to the internet?

Gave all of these a try. No change.

Rob_860, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Since last update, windows will not recognise my (functioning) internet connection - Similar Threads - Since last update

2. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  3. My computer has changed the way it functions since last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer has changed the way it functions since last update.: How do I resolve the following challenges.1 when I click on tab it does not always open, upload or do anything....as if my mouse is not working. But it is. 2 once in a tab, it will not allow me to move thru the page.....I have to wait it out, sometimes double clicking works....
  4. Vpn is not connecting since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vpn is not connecting since last update: Vpn is not connecting since last update and i was trying to reach out that problem but cannot find any solution. i also change vpn i try many of them and also try MS-Store vpn but still have a problem....
  5. since last update, constantly losing internet access

since last update, constantly losing internet access: Windows (build 2004, 19041.508) seems to think I should be using wifi instead of ethernet, I randomly get no internet access and have to enable wifi and disable airplane mode and then disable wifi and enable airplane mode just to reconnect ethernet. It's really annoying, the...
  6. Wireless & Bluetooth function not there anymore since last updates/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless & Bluetooth function not there anymore since last updates/: I have a ROG Maximus XI extreme with an Intel Wireless AC 9560 chip on board. 2 days ago i was listening to music on my Bluetooth headset without any trouble. Yesterday I tried to use my headset again with my computer and I couldn't get connected. I have check everything....
  7. Can not connect to internet since windows update

Can not connect to internet since windows update: Ever since the last windows update on the 15th, I haven't been able to connect to the internet. It has nothing to do with my router since it works on other devices. I've tried checking my network adapter for updates and even uninstalling it and restarting. I've also tried...
  8. Internet access keeps dying since last update

Internet access keeps dying since last update: Since the last Windows update (kb4505903), my Win 10 keeps losing access to the internet though network connection is fine. When I run the troubleshooter, it restarts the Wifi adaptor. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I've tried reinstalling the Wifi adaptor to no...
  9. Bluetooth connectivity since last windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connectivity since last windows update: Since the latest windows update March 2019 I am unable to connect by Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse with Bluetooth. When I try to connect the keyboard it comes up on the screen . I type in the number shown and it tells me keyboard connected but the blinking light is...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows will not recognise internet

2. difficulty with yubikey and last pass since recent microsoft update version 1809 build 17763.195