Windows 10: Since last Windows 10 updates, receiving unwanted redirects to ad sites whenever I click on...

Discus and support Since last Windows 10 updates, receiving unwanted redirects to ad sites whenever I click on... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last Windows Update installed on my HP Laptop on 8/27/2019 and on Desktop on 9/3/2019. Since the updates, I'm now receiving unwanted redirects to ad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Babygal50, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Babygal50 Win User

Since last Windows 10 updates, receiving unwanted redirects to ad sites whenever I click on...

Last Windows Update installed on my HP Laptop on 8/27/2019 and on Desktop on 9/3/2019. Since the updates, I'm now receiving unwanted redirects to ad sites whenever I click on a link in a legitimate website on Chrome. Antivirus & malware apps are not detecting any malware or virus. How do I get rid of the constant redirects?

:)

Babygal50, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Web Site Redirect

Hi Tengal,

Most of the time, if you’ll browse within a website and redirected to another site, it can be due to unsecured sites that was visited. Some sites contain ads (advertisements) that also redirect users to a different website. To isolate this concern, we’d
    like to confirm if this happened to all the websites that you’ve visited or it is just for a specific site.

In the meantime, we suggest that you run a full system scan using the
    antivirus software installed on your computer. This is to ensure that your device isn’t infected with any malware.

We’ll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Internet explorer always redirected to unwanted sites

Hi,

Follow instructions at
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-adware-popup-ads/

If you can't identify the offending program skip step #1.

And... nothing wrong with HitmanPro, but the other 3 programs will probably remove your malware and you might not have to run HitmanPro (step #5)

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Since last Windows 10 updates, receiving unwanted redirects to ad sites whenever I click on...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Since last Windows 10 updates, receiving unwanted redirects to ad sites whenever I click on... - Similar Threads - Since last updates

2. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  3. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  4. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Accidentally clicked on an AD on PH site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally clicked on an AD on PH site: Dear support, I do realize this might not be the best place to ask. But since i am pretty paranoid atm i feel like i got no choice. I accidentally pressed an ad on PH while scrolling on my phone. And it loaded up an page which i instantly pressed away. I just do not know...
  6. Since the last update on windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since the last update on windows: 1 my printer software which is 32 bit refuses to work ,hence I now have a printer that doesn't work .The printer my be old but still works fine . HP printer Office Jet 6500 E 709 it also appears that Hp no longer provide updates . Also Digital Image which I know is quite old...
  7. Right click delay since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click delay since last update: Hello everyone, Since last update on all of my laptops3 I have a delay when I "right click" on mozilla or chrome from taskbar. So let me explain you exactly what happens. If I want to open a new window on Chrome or Mozilla, when I right click it opens the the browser menu...
  8. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  9. Unwanted ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted ads: HI, I have a laptop that is less than a year old. Has antivirus etc. Ads keep popping up on the home screen, not when I have an internet browser open, and there is no option to stop seeing ads etc. They are ads for random products, apps etc, a lot of them misogynistic and...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538