Windows 10: Since last Windows update, my laptop will not retain my "identity" -- even after "signing...

Discus and support Since last Windows update, my laptop will not retain my "identity" -- even after "signing... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Any personal items of desktop appearances or saved security logins to sites are blocked or ineffective. I CAN log in when I do remember the passwords... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelDolphin1, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Since last Windows update, my laptop will not retain my "identity" -- even after "signing...

Any personal items of desktop appearances or saved security logins to sites are blocked or ineffective. I CAN log in when I do remember the passwords but not using the tools of past usage.

I cannot access documents, files or photos. However, the size of my HDD usage seems to indicate that the files are still there.

The log-on process now takes longer than ever....the PC often takes 15 minutes to log-on screen.

:)

MichaelDolphin1, Oct 19, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Since last Windows update, my laptop will not retain my "identity" -- even after "signing... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Xbox Identity Provider

Since the update failed to download and install on the computer, it can cause the issue. We suggest that you follow the steps on the solutions provided on this link:

Fix Windows Update errors

Once the computer is updated, download and install the
    Xbox Identity Provider
    again.

If you need more help, kindly let us know.

Loraine Mon, Oct 19, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Since last Windows update, my laptop will not retain my "identity" -- even after "signing...

n-ster, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Since last Windows update, my laptop will not retain my "identity" -- even after "signing...

1. Since last Windows update, my laptop will not retain my "identity" -- even after "signing... - Similar Threads - Since last update

2. My laptop doesn't connect to my 5G network since the last update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop doesn't connect to my 5G network since the last update.: My error is as follows: My network controller Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter was updated through Windows Update, and since then, when connecting to the 5G network which previously worked correctly, I tried to fix the error by reinstalling the network...
  3. My laptop doesn't connect to my 5G network since the last update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop doesn't connect to my 5G network since the last update.: My error is as follows: My network controller Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter was updated through Windows Update, and since then, when connecting to the 5G network which previously worked correctly, I tried to fix the error by reinstalling the network...
  4. Can't Sign in to my laptop even after 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Sign in to my laptop even after 30 days: It's been 30 days and I still can't sign in to my laptop when I am trying to sign in it says info still pending. Says can't access this site at the moment....
  5. Can't Sign in to my laptop even after 30 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Sign in to my laptop even after 30 days: It's been 30 days and I still can't sign in to my laptop when I am trying to sign in it says info still pending. Says can't access this site at the moment....
  6. Can't sign in on my HP laptop since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't sign in on my HP laptop since Windows 10 update: I did the update and now I can't get into my laptop. I can go to the recovery screen using Shift-F11. I have done all the recovery processes and all I get is the screen where it says it is logging in but all I get is the circle showing it that it is working and it goes...
  7. laptop not working since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not working since last update: Hi, My HP probook is now inoperable since it restarted after an update. Previous to that it kept crashing & I was getting different stop codes including KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED & MEMORY MANAGEMENT. After a series of crashes it said needs a restart. Ever since that...
  8. errors encountered since my last windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    errors encountered since my last windows update: i updated the latest windows update and after restart it shows message of this: then the drive D from my computer is no longer accessible. And the Computer is taking a while now to respond. I need help.[ATTACH]...
  9. Since the last Windows 10 update, my laptop is frequently crashing with BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since the last Windows 10 update, my laptop is frequently crashing with BSOD.: Hi there, Since the last Windows update, I am being plagued with frequent BSOD crashes. The most common stop code that I am getting is "BAD_POOL_CALLER", but I have had "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". This is causing me to lose work on websites unless I remember to...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538