Windows 10: since latest install of windows10 update, i no longer have mouse access to cortana search...

Discus and support since latest install of windows10 update, i no longer have mouse access to cortana search... in Cortana to solve the problem; As stated previously I always had access through my mousenot speech control!! to cortana searches on my taskbar, since latest install of updates win10... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by keithlloyd1, Feb 17, 2020.

1. since latest install of windows10 update, i no longer have mouse access to cortana search...

As stated previously I always had access through my mousenot speech control!! to cortana searches on my taskbar, since latest install of updates win10 this has gone???

:)

keithlloyd1, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

since latest install of windows10 update, i no longer have mouse access to cortana search... [​IMG]

Try0x101, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Cortana no longer search my computer

Hi Bonnie,

There may be a chance that Cortana has encountered a conflict at the time that an update was installed or can be due to a possible broken system components.

To have this issue be resolved, we suggest that you try reinstalling Cortana
    using an elevated Powershell prompt. Here are the steps:

• Type Windows Powershell in the search box from
      Start. Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy or type this command:

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Press Enter and close the window.
    • Restart your computer.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Feb 17, 2020
  4. since latest install of windows10 update, i no longer have mouse access to cortana search...

Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

since latest install of windows10 update, i no longer have mouse access to cortana search...

1. since latest install of windows10 update, i no longer have mouse access to cortana search... - Similar Threads - since latest install

2. Since the latest set of windows updates, I am no longer able to access the internet whilst...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the latest set of windows updates, I am no longer able to access the internet whilst...: So, I didnt updated my PC for like a week or so, yesterday morning I updated it. Then when I started it up. I couldn't use my mobile hotspot?Context: I use my mobile hotspot on my desktop with a Wifi enabled motherboard because I have ethernet into my flat, but the router...
  3. Since the latest set of windows updates, I am no longer able to access the internet whilst...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the latest set of windows updates, I am no longer able to access the internet whilst...: So, I didnt updated my PC for like a week or so, yesterday morning I updated it. Then when I started it up. I couldn't use my mobile hotspot?Context: I use my mobile hotspot on my desktop with a Wifi enabled motherboard because I have ethernet into my flat, but the router...
  4. Since the latest set of windows updates, I am no longer able to access the internet whilst...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I have connectivity problems since the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have connectivity problems since the latest update: Hello guys, I need your help! I've patched my Windows version today and since that, my internet is struggling in terms of connectivity. For example I can open and browse through Google without any problems, but when I click on a link which should redirect me to an external...
  6. internal dvd no longer recognised since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal dvd no longer recognised since latest update: internal dvd no longer recognised since latest update Toshiba Tecra C-50E, Windows 10 Pro 2004 i am unable to find out how to restore it tried the new Settings > bluetooth and other devices > nothing the old Windows System > add a device > nothing any help out there...
  7. Since latest update in October 2020 to build 19041.572 Cortana is no longer opening apps

in Cortana
    Since latest update in October 2020 to build 19041.572 Cortana is no longer opening apps: Hi there, Since the recent update to windows in October 2020 I have noticed that Cortana no longer opens programs when I ask. For example "Open Twitch App" and instead all I get back are Bing search engine results. Looking through a large number of support articles...
  8. Cortana is suspended and not working...Since latest update ....

in Cortana
    Cortana is suspended and not working...Since latest update ....: I have tried everything posted in the previous thread about going into the Task Manager and ending task, then trying to 'reinstall via the power shell admin ' but it did not work. I have also tried just restarting my pc after ending the task and that did not work. The pc is...
  9. Since the latest update I cannot access outlook.live.com.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since the latest update I cannot access outlook.live.com.: Since I have done the latest update I now cannot access outlook.live.com. outlook.live.com refused to connect. It has only occurred on 1 computer, all others are acting normal. Can anyone please help me with this?...
  10. Since windows update, I no longer have sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since windows update, I no longer have sound: I have a hp laptop and its been working great. However since the last windows update (Windows 10 1809 17763.529) today, i have no sound at all. Sound icon has a red X over it and it does not show any sound devices in device manager for the sound card or the digital intel...