Windows 10: Since latest update of Windows 10 print preview does not work.

Discus and support Since latest update of Windows 10 print preview does not work. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since latest update of Windows 10 print preview does not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dory Gray, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Dory Gray Win User

Since latest update of Windows 10 print preview does not work.

:)

Dory Gray, Sep 30, 2019

2. after latest windows 10 update, I cannot even print offline, also it says is preview loading, but it does not

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in offline printing after installing the latest update on your device. Let me try to help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Which was the latest update installed on your device?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined to printing any specific document?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Print Preview Pane

Hi Patti,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What is the OS Build of your Windows 10? To know the build of your Windows 10, follow these steps:
      • Click the Windows logo (Start button).
      • Click the gear icon (Settings).
      • Select System.
      • On the left pane, choose About.
    • What is the model of the printer that you're using?
    • Does the issue occur on all of your images that you're attempting to print?
    • Have you checked if the Print Preview window will appear if you will print the image using the
      Share tab in File Explorer? To print an image using the Share tab, follow these steps:
      • Access File Explorer.
      • Navigate to your picture files, and then highlight one file.
      • Click the Share tab at the top of File Explorer.
      • In the Send group, choose Print.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Since latest update of Windows 10 print preview does not work. - Similar Threads - Since latest update

2. Windows 10 Function + Print screen does not work since update 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Function + Print screen does not work since update 22H2: Since update 22H2 I have lost the facility to do a screen capture using function button plus the pint screen button. It used to work before 22H2 but not since. Anybody got any ideas ? This is a very useful facility for me as I use it to capture images from the screen....
  3. Windows 10 Function + Print screen does not work since update 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Function + Print screen does not work since update 22H2: Since update 22H2 I have lost the facility to do a screen capture using function button plus the pint screen button. It used to work before 22H2 but not since. Anybody got any ideas ? This is a very useful facility for me as I use it to capture images from the screen....
  4. Latest windows 10 cumulative update preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest windows 10 cumulative update preview: My laptop just installed 2022-08 cumulative update preview for windows 10 21H2 for X64 based systems KB5016688. It completely changed my desktop, removed all my program sign ins and all default applications. I tried recovery and it did not fix this. If this is a preview it...
  5. Windows 10 Core Apps Not Working Since Latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Core Apps Not Working Since Latest Update: I updated Windows 10 last night. Since turning on my pc today the Start, Search buttons and Personalise through right click on desktop do not work. Perhaps other services in Windows are also not running that I am unaware of. I can access the Task Manager and have tried...
  6. Windows 10 Core Apps Not Working Since Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Core Apps Not Working Since Latest Update: I updated Windows 10 last night. Since turning on my pc today the Start, Search buttons and Personalise through right click on desktop do not work. Perhaps other services in Windows are also not running that I am unaware of. I can access the Task Manager and have tried...
  7. Windows 10 Core Apps Not Working Since Latest Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Print Screen - Not working after latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print Screen - Not working after latest Windows 10 Update: I installed the latest Windows 10 updates 2 days ago. Ever since the PrintScreen key F12 is not activating the print screen. I also have a designated program "Screen Recorder" installed on my desktop PC and it also does not activate the print screen. Please help....
  9. Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update: When I try to print I'm forced to a login screen for something called One Note. I have no idea what this is. I even logged in then got dumped to what looks like a window where I can write things. This happens no matter what program I want to print from....
  10. Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update: Hi there, One of our users can no longer print since her laptop got the most recent Windows 10 updates (her laptop is up-to-date as of this morning). One of three things happens when she tries to print: -- The application shows all the installed printers in the...