Windows 10: Since latest update Snip and Sketch Locks up whole computer

Discus and support Since latest update Snip and Sketch Locks up whole computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have used Snip and Sketch frequently since it was introduced to eventually replace the Snipping Tool. However, since the last Windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndyRogers6, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Since latest update Snip and Sketch Locks up whole computer

Hi

I have used Snip and Sketch frequently since it was introduced to eventually replace the Snipping Tool.

However, since the last Windows update late June 2020: when the Snip and Sketch is booted up and a clip has been selected, the Snip and Sketch overlay disappears; the clip selected doesn't show and the screen returns to its view prior to selecting the tool.

Except the computer is then completely locked. 'Esc' does nothing; the Windows start button does nothing; Cntrl/Alt/Delete opens the control menu but clicking on Task Manager takes you immediately back to the locked screen view. The only way out is to hard kill the desktop by holding the power button for 5 secs until it powers off.

Anyone else had this problem. Any solution?

:)

AndyRogers6, Jul 4, 2020

2. Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the Snip and Sketch app on Windows 10.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to know about
    the information.

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

Method 1

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and try the suggested steps and check if the issue still persists. If the issue still persists try with the method 2.

Method 2

Reset Snip & Sketch app

1. Press Windows + I key and click on
      Apps
    2. Click on Apps & features. Select Sketch & Snip app from the available list of installed apps.
    3. Click on Snip & Sketch > Advanced Options.
    4. Click on Reset option.
    5. Restart the computer once and check the status of the issue.
    6. Let us know if the issue still persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Forums

Muralidhar_G, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Since latest update Snip and Sketch Locks up whole computer

Snip & Sketch overrides clipboard

I configured my Snip & Sketch app so that snips will not automatically copied. But they are always copied automatically to the clipboard. I did the troubleshooting
    steps such as computer rebooting but all in vain

BalakrishnaTurnerish, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Since latest update Snip and Sketch Locks up whole computer

1. Since latest update Snip and Sketch Locks up whole computer - Similar Threads - Since latest update

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snip and Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip and Sketch: When I use the snip and sketch shortcut, it delays for 3 seconds before allowing me to snip what I want. When I do the same on a laptop, it is near instant. How come the snip and sketch is delayed on my computer?...
  6. Snip & Sketch BROKEN in Latest Version V10.1907.24710

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch BROKEN in Latest Version V10.1907.24710: Snip & Sketch is BROKEN; Is Anybody Listening? Several Users including myself have added Reviews Telling Microsoft that S&S was Broken in Version V10.1907.24710 sometime in Late June / Early July 2020. None of these Complaint / Problem Reviews have been responded to by...
  7. Snip & Sketch causes my whole laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch causes my whole laptop to freeze: After using snip and sketch, my whole laptop freezes. I can still hear the noise coming from a video I'm watching in the background, but my laptop is unresponsive. Trying to ctrl alt delete doesnt work. I'm on the latest version if windows 10, laptop is an acer swift 3...
  8. Snip & Sketch causing my PC to lock-up when start sketching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch causing my PC to lock-up when start sketching: Anyone having this problem? It has the sexiest, smoothest line averaging I've ever seen and I REALLY want to use it more often, and this is a fresh Windows 10 laptop so I'm not sure what's causing these lock ups other than its a new software from MS? submitted by /u/yuze_...
  9. Snip & Sketch v10.1811.3471.0 ( - the latest version)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch v10.1811.3471.0 ( - the latest version): Is there any way to configure this app such that it will always try to save in .png format? Currently, the defaults is 'JPG'; I would like it to be 'PNG'....
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...