Windows 10: since latest updates: computers turn on differently

Discus and support since latest updates: computers turn on differently in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning, I have two virtually identical Windows 10 machines (which you can look up below) that boot and are unlocked via my password. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboris, Jan 12, 2020.

1. rboris Win User

since latest updates: computers turn on differently

Good morning,

I have two virtually identical Windows 10 machines (which you can look up below) that boot and are unlocked via my password. Both machines are connected to my Microsoft email account.

Since the latest updates both machines boot differently from before. Machine A does not do a memory test and enters Windows 10 directly without the memory count etc (yes I have looked at the bios: it is unchanged, I think). Machine B's behavior is different. Previously after shutdown I was able to boot the machine by typing a key on my keyboard (after closing down via "shut down"). Now I have to push the on/off button on the computer.

Neither is a big deal, to be sure. But I am flummoxed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

rboris, Jan 12, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Computer update

I'm assuming you have researched your initial list of parts?

What is your budget?

rtwjunkie, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Eric2139 Win User
    How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Jan 12, 2020
  4. since latest updates: computers turn on differently

Unable to turn off and on touchpad after the latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing turning off touchpad on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• what is the make and model of your device?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and enable.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

since latest updates: computers turn on differently

1. since latest updates: computers turn on differently - Similar Threads - since latest updates

2. Cannot turn computer on after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn computer on after latest update: I cannot turn computer on after latest update. It shut down immediately after 100% update and then I can't turn the computer on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-computer-on-after-latest-update/67d79119-ad9b-4c61-bc28-8255891a86d7
  3. Cannot turn computer on after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn computer on after latest update: I cannot turn computer on after latest update. It shut down immediately after 100% update and then I can't turn the computer on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-computer-on-after-latest-update/67d79119-ad9b-4c61-bc28-8255891a86d7
  4. Occasional MDM errors since latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional MDM errors since latest update: I downloaded the latest big update today and everything went fine. However, a few hours later, I checked my event viewer and saw a new type of error had appeared.I haven't noticed any problems yet, but I'm unfortunately paranoid about any error that I don't recognize. Has...
  5. Since update windows keeps turning off the computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since update windows keeps turning off the computer: Since the latest update was pushed to my computer Windows has changed the power policy to shutdown the pc after a period of inactivity. I do not want this behavior and have turned off any reference to shutting down or sleeping or hibernating in windows power. It still does...
  6. Since latest update Snip and Sketch Locks up whole computer

Since latest update Snip and Sketch Locks up whole computer: Hi I have used Snip and Sketch frequently since it was introduced to eventually replace the Snipping Tool. However, since the last Windows update late June 2020: when the Snip and Sketch is booted up and a clip has been selected, the Snip and Sketch overlay disappears; the...
  7. Bluetooth problems since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problems since latest update: I use some Philips bluetooth headphones which I never had any problems with until the last windows update. Since that update each time I want to use the headphones I normally have to update my Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers.I am using Windows 10 Home Has...
  8. Bluetooth problems since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problems since latest update: I use some Philips bluetooth headphones which I never had any problems with until the last windows update. Since that update each time I want to use the headphones I normally have to update my Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers.I am using Windows 10 Home Has...
  9. Random sleeping since latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random sleeping since latest update: This is my first post on this subreddit, and I’m not entirely sure which flair to use so I hope this is right. Also please excuse my lack of technical understanding, I’m a bit of a newbie at this lol. I’ll try and give some context to the issue I’ve been having below, if...
  10. Since latest update my computer froze..inaccessible

Since latest update my computer froze..inaccessible: don't open any program or let me access anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/since-latest-update-my-computer-frozeinaccessible/c0e87b22-cb16-4d37-985b-ea9811048207