Windows 10: Since Microwsoft carried out a lot of updates on my PC, I can not save photos from my scanner

Discus and support Since Microwsoft carried out a lot of updates on my PC, I can not save photos from my scanner in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft has just done a lot of updates on my pc, now I can not save pictures from my scanner into "Pictures" or "Photos" I get "no read permissions"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterCruse, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Since Microwsoft carried out a lot of updates on my PC, I can not save photos from my scanner

Microsoft has just done a lot of updates on my pc, now I can not save pictures from my scanner into "Pictures" or "Photos" I get "no read permissions" notice

:)

PeterCruse, Sep 30, 2019
  2. xwray Win User

Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

Thanks Steve...I performed these steps *exactly* as well as with the 4870 drivers. Nothing is working. I have just about concluded that for whatever reason my Win10 install (from the "free" upgrade version) and the 4870 just aren't compatible. I just now reinstalled Win7 on a spare drive and installed the drivers without incident.
    I didn't really want to switch to Win10 anyhow what with all of it's privacy concerns and only did so because of the ongoing windows update issues with Win7. When it unilaterally decided to rename one of my folders screwing up my photo links I nearly removed it then and there. There's a lot more about Win10 I do not like and I'm probably going to toss it and go back to 7 permanently.

xwray, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Since Microwsoft  carried out a lot of updates on my PC, I can not save photos from my scanner [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

Since Microwsoft  carried out a lot of updates on my PC, I can not save photos from my scanner [​IMG]

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Since Microwsoft carried out a lot of updates on my PC, I can not save photos from my scanner

Scanner PDF save problem

Hi Neil.

The steps I gave for printers are the same as for scanners. Reinstalling the scanner will always solve it if you do it like I suggested, takes 10-15 minutes max. I've given out those steps several thousand times in forums and they've never failed to work.

I suggested what I would do to have this fixed quickest. There are a lot of reports now about Updates messing up drivers and scanners. Unless your scanner received a driver from Windows Update which can be checked at Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update
    > Installed Update History to unisntall and then hide the driver, the quickest route to see if you can roll it back is System Restore which takes about five minutes.

So I gave you the top two steps indicated which would take a total 20 minutes if you do both.

Let us know.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Since Microwsoft carried out a lot of updates on my PC, I can not save photos from my scanner

1. Since Microwsoft carried out a lot of updates on my PC, I can not save photos from my scanner - Similar Threads - Since Microwsoft carried

2. I cannot receive emails from the scanner to my outlook since the update, it receives...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot receive emails from the scanner to my outlook since the update, it receives...: We have tried connecting computer to the old network and still unable to receive anything Recently our parent company did an integration so we have access to the international emails. How do I start receiving scanned docs again?...
  3. I cannot receive emails from the scanner to my outlook since the update, it receives...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot receive emails from the scanner to my outlook since the update, it receives...: We have tried connecting computer to the old network and still unable to receive anything Recently our parent company did an integration so we have access to the international emails. How do I start receiving scanned docs again?...
  4. My touchpad bugs a lot since my last driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad bugs a lot since my last driver update: Hello everyone, I'm writing this ticket because after updating my touchpad driver on the lenovo site, it started to bug.The sensitivity is very slow, the cursor blinks, I can't scroll anymore, and I can't find the touchpad adjustment system.I'd like to know if there's a...
  5. My touchpad bugs a lot since my last driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My touchpad bugs a lot since my last driver update: Hello everyone, I'm writing this ticket because after updating my touchpad driver on the lenovo site, it started to bug.The sensitivity is very slow, the cursor blinks, I can't scroll anymore, and I can't find the touchpad adjustment system.I'd like to know if there's a...
  6. I carried out an energy efficiency report on my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I carried out an energy efficiency report on my system: Hello Sir/Madam,I have carried out a performance check using command prompt and got the following results. 5 Errors 14 Warnings 31 Informational Please, I kindly ask your good help in resolving these problems affecting the performance of my computer. For example the CAPS...
  7. I recently updated my PC to Windows 10. Since then I am unable to upload photos from my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently updated my PC to Windows 10. Since then I am unable to upload photos from my...: Since I updated my PC to Windows 10 I have been unable to upload photos from my Canon PowerShot camera as I did before updating. Help?? Error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>...
  8. photos on my pc since i switched from win7 to windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    photos on my pc since i switched from win7 to windows 10: After considerable struggle, I found a Microosft article that tells me there is an app on Windows 10 that puts all my photos together in one place. Since replacing Win7 with Windows 10, I have not been able to find any of pictures where I had saved them. I do not want all...
  9. Saving photos and videos from Instagram to my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving photos and videos from Instagram to my PC: Is there a way to save photos and videos from Instagram accounts that I am following? I want to keep them in my photos or video folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-photos-and-videos-from-instagram-to-my-pc/b63b2c25-24ac-4d4a-a0f5-e68c300c9441
  10. I can no longer upload photos from my camera to my PC .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can no longer upload photos from my camera to my PC .: When I try to upload pictures from my camera, nothing happens. I was able to up until yesterday but today when I tried using the port for the memory card on my PC or the cable that came with the camera attaching to the UPB port, nothing happens . I have Windows 10 and did...