Windows 10: Since most recent Windows 10 update on 6/12/2019, cannot wake up Desktop computer from sleep

Discus and support Since most recent Windows 10 update on 6/12/2019, cannot wake up Desktop computer from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ever since the latest Windows 10 updates that are design to install Windows 10 version 1903, if I choose to put my computer, in place of powering off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Keith Dunbar, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Since most recent Windows 10 update on 6/12/2019, cannot wake up Desktop computer from sleep

Ever since the latest Windows 10 updates that are design to install Windows 10 version 1903, if I choose to put my computer, in place of powering off, when I touch the keyboard or move the mouse, the hard awakes, but all I see is a blank dark screen with a mouse pointer that I can move around. Pressing the Windows Key + X does nothing. I opened the device manager and the keyboard and mouse have the box checked to awaken the computer from sleep. I always end up holding down the power button and shutting off the computer, then powering back up by pressing the power button. I never had this issue before these latest updates. Seems to me these updates that are suppose to make things better seem to be causing more trouble than their worth. Microsoft seems to think that my computer does not belong to me. I wish I had never taken the bait to take the so called 'free update' the windows 10. Windows 7 was working just fine.

:)

Keith Dunbar, Jun 13, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Jun 13, 2019
  3. computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Since most recent Windows 10 update on 6/12/2019, cannot wake up Desktop computer from sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Since most recent Windows 10 update on 6/12/2019, cannot wake up Desktop computer from sleep

1. Since most recent Windows 10 update on 6/12/2019, cannot wake up Desktop computer from sleep - Similar Threads - Since recent update

2. Windows 11 keeps waking up desktop computers from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps waking up desktop computers from sleep: This started a few weeks ago. What I found was that the setting for indexing - respect power settings had been turned off by magic. I turned it back on. That did not immediately fix it. I then had to use the control panel to turn off fast start up, reboot, turn fast start up...
  3. Windows 11 keeps waking up desktop computers from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps waking up desktop computers from sleep: This started a few weeks ago. What I found was that the setting for indexing - respect power settings had been turned off by magic. I turned it back on. That did not immediately fix it. I then had to use the control panel to turn off fast start up, reboot, turn fast start up...
  4. computer willn't wake up from sleep since the lastest window update

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer willn't wake up from sleep since the lastest window update: computer willn't wake up from sleep since the lastest window update in order for me to wake up the desktop computer from sleep is to push the on button, i even try restoring the computer to it factory setting and reloaded all software and it still does it, change all the...
  5. my desktop computer will not wake up from update from windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my desktop computer will not wake up from update from windows 10: please tell me why after I updated windows 10 my desktop computer went to sleep ? I can not wake it up ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-computer-will-not-wake-up-from-update/02a58fa9-015c-4ebe-8921-2b14d05dcc32
  6. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  7. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  8. Computer wakes up from sleep.

Computer wakes up from sleep.: Hi Since I updated my PC to v1903 few days back, my PC switches itself on. Since the first version of Windows 10 I must have going into Task Scheduler and disable the wake up timer of UpdateOrchestrator and also my harddiskvolume2. But with this new version of Windows, it...
  9. Waking the computer up from sleep

Waking the computer up from sleep: I have been having the issue as of late that whenever my computer would go into sleep mode by itself or if I would accidentally press the power button, thus initiating sleep mode, I can not get the screen to turn back on. In order for the screen to come back on, I would have...
  10. Wake up from sleep to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wake up from sleep to desktop: I recently had to reinstall Windows. I've never used a password on my desktop PC. I can boot to my desktop. But settings hides functionality without a password. So is there a way to get windows to wake from sleep directly to the desktop without one? Perhaps with a command?...