Windows 10: Since my return from a break I switched on my computer and have no start menu list or icons...

Discus and support Since my return from a break I switched on my computer and have no start menu list or icons... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have lost all my apps on the start menu and icons and access to apps on my desktop. Cannot minimise items and some lists are coming up in more line... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SueCook1, Jun 20, 2019.

1. SueCook1 Win User

Since my return from a break I switched on my computer and have no start menu list or icons...

Have lost all my apps on the start menu and icons and access to apps on my desktop. Cannot minimise items and some lists are coming up in more line spacingt

:)

SueCook1, Jun 20, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. beau Win User
    Only List on Start Menu, Not Icons

I want my Start Menu to show only a list of programs/files/folders, like this:

Since my return from a break I switched on my computer and have no start menu list or icons... [​IMG]

but when I choose "Pin to Start" I get big, obnoxious icons which cause the Start Menu to expand much too far over the desktop, like this:

Since my return from a break I switched on my computer and have no start menu list or icons... [​IMG]

How can I cause additions to the Start Menu to be only the list with the tiny thumbnail icon on the left, as in the first image above, never the big icons that make the Start Menu too big?

4. jk22 Win User

Since my return from a break I switched on my computer and have no start menu list or icons...

switch user option on power option list or on start menu list

Can I use switch user option on power option list or on start menu list ?

Thema:

1. Since my return from a break I switched on my computer and have no start menu list or icons... - Similar Threads - Since return break

2. All my icons from my start menu got zapped

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my icons from my start menu got zapped: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xxfartlordxx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/109bmds/all_my_icons_from_my_start_menu_got_zapped/
  3. Icons have disappeared from my start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons have disappeared from my start menu.: The only affected Apps are the ones from and including Microsoft store e.g. Spotify, Netflix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-have-disappeared-from-my-start-menu/4977ffbc-281c-446a-a88f-2732ac6fb1fd
  4. Icons have disappeared from my start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons have disappeared from my start menu.: The only affected Apps are the ones from and including Microsoft store e.g. Spotify, Netflix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-have-disappeared-from-my-start-menu/4977ffbc-281c-446a-a88f-2732ac6fb1fd
  5. Icons have disappeared from my start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Start Menu List

Start Menu List: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173782
  7. Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list

Removing Settings and Search icons from Start Menu applications list: I want to remove all of the default apps from the Windows 10 Start Menu so Ican fill it up exclusively with programs of my own choosing. I've come so far as having only two icons/shortcuts left on the start menu, but I cannot figure out how to remove those last two. This is...
  8. switch user option on power option list or on start menu list

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    switch user option on power option list or on start menu list: Can I use switch user option on power option list or on start menu list ? 34029
  9. Only List on Start Menu, Not Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Only List on Start Menu, Not Icons: I want my Start Menu to show only a list of programs/files/folders, like this: [img] but when I choose "Pin to Start" I get big, obnoxious icons which cause the Start Menu to expand much too far over the desktop, like this: [img] How can I cause additions to the...
  10. Superfetch breaking start menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Superfetch breaking start menu: Hi all, Just made this account to see if anyone can help. I am running windows 10 on my desktop and the start menu broke on me. I did all the recommended fixes for it and that seemed to work for a few days then every time I would completely power down my desktop, the next...