Windows 10: Since new update taskbar jumplists cannot be read anymore

Discus and support Since new update taskbar jumplists cannot be read anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a seemingly trivial problem, but I cannot solve it despite my omniscient friend Google. A few days ago my Windows 10 did a Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Herbert, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Herbert Win User

Since new update taskbar jumplists cannot be read anymore

I have a seemingly trivial problem, but I cannot solve it despite my omniscient friend Google.
    A few days ago my Windows 10 did a Windows Update again, and since this time I can no longer read my taskbar jumplists.
    This is quite annoying, because I rely a lot on them at my daily work, but regardless what I try, I cannot change the color of the text.
    It looks like WindowsUpdate changed the color of the taskbar jumplist to black on black.
    Does anybody know if this can be changed somewhere ?
    I found a comparable problem in the net with Windowss 8.1, and there is mentioned that KB3072318 must be uninstalled, but I have Windows10 and there is no such fix.
    See what I mean:

Since new update taskbar jumplists cannot be read anymore [​IMG]

Thanks for any help,

:)

Herbert, Feb 2, 2016

2. Taskbar jumplists can be no longer read after last Windows10 update

A few days ago my Windows 10 did a Windows Update again, and since this time I can no longer read my taskbar jumplists.

This is quite annoying, because I rely a lot on them at my daily work, but regardless what I try, I cannot change the color of the text.

It looks like WindowsUpdate changed the color of the taskbar jumplist to black on black.

Does anybody know if this can be changed somewhere ?

I found a comparable problem in the net with Windowss 8.1, and there is mentioned that KB3072318 must be uninstalled, but I have Windows10 and there is no such fix.

See what I mean:

Since new update taskbar jumplists cannot be read anymore [​IMG]

hermanthegerman949, Feb 2, 2016
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Taskbar jumplists can be no longer read after last Windows10 update

Hi!

You are up to date.

The first build's window theme title bar and jump was white with dark (black) text. The 1511 version window theme came out so title bar could have color, your choice. Most colors need white text. The jump was dark background with white text. Yours is stuck
    on the old theme. The text should be changed automatically.

I looking to see if I can find How to fix you issue. Know that I think about if you delete and save theme or unsaved theme you had in my themes, An selected that windows theme in "windows default themes" you may just have to restart the PC.

Teddy2016, Feb 2, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @Herbert , welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile
    I noticed in your screenshot, transparent headers; it may have something to do with that.
    Try, uninstalling the program, rebooting then re-install the program.

Edwin, Feb 2, 2016
  5. Herbert Win User
    Hi Edwin,
    thanks.

Which program ?
    The jumplists are generated by Explorer, regardless from which taskbar icon I open them.
    The above screenshot is the one from Explorer itself, the below e.g. is from Firefox.

Herbert, Feb 2, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    @Herbert
    Perhaps I was 'grasping at straws', but I had noticed, in the screenshot, that you have a program open with a transparent header, which is not 'standard MS issue'.
    I had similar issues with "Glass8" until I uninstalled it, rebooted and re-installed it.
    Not sure if that is where your issue lies at all but, like I said I'm just 'spitballing' here. *Wink

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Since new update taskbar jumplists cannot be read anymore - Similar Threads - Since update taskbar

2. Windows 10 20H2: Taskbar jumplists not working, shortcut open in new window not working,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2: Taskbar jumplists not working, shortcut open in new window not working,...: For the fourth time when I upgrade Windows 10 1909 to 20H1/20H2, the options on the title totally not working. For information, the jumplists on the taskbar do not work at all. Pinned Quick Access such as Documents, Downloads, Music on File Explorer and Tasks such as New...
  3. 'Pin to this list' in the Jumplist to the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Pin to this list' in the Jumplist to the Taskbar in Windows 10: Hi guys, For Excel, I am able to 'pin to this list' an Excel file, and it stays pinned. Good. For Word, I am not able to 'pin to this list' any Word document. Why is that? Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎22-‎Oct-‎20 OS build 19042.804 Experience Windows...
  4. Jumplist for Word on taskbar glitching Recent files not updating, and cannot pin OneDrive...

Jumplist for Word on taskbar glitching Recent files not updating, and cannot pin OneDrive...: On the taskbar, the popup list with recent/pinned files the jump list? for Word 365 isn't working right. It isn't updating with the last files I've opened, as of a couple of days ago. It also won't let me permanently pin any Word doc on my OneDrive. I can pin a OneDrive doc,...
  5. Windows Explorer's Jumplist reads "frequent" but shows recent

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer's Jumplist reads "frequent" but shows recent: When I right-click on the Windows Explorer icon pinned to my taskbar, the jumplist shows, as usual, a list of pinned locations followed by a list of "frequent" locations. But the latter is actually showing the most recent places where I opened/saved a file, regardless of how...
  6. Snips & Jumplists

Snips & Jumplists: I often wonder if people realize Snips can be done right from Snip & Sketch's 'commands' on its jumplist; don't, even have to go to/open its window. Speaking of jumplists... for so many things, their jumplists offer 'commands' that one can often work directly with/from an...
  7. Windows 10 taskbar jumplist problem

Windows 10 taskbar jumplist problem: Hello. I recently (about a month ago I think) updated to version 1903 os build 18362.295 (windows 10 pro) and since then I have the problem: when I open a task (from jumplist tasks tab) from an app that is pinned to taskbar (right click chrome and open incognito mode for...
  8. Since updating to Windows Insider Bulid Taskbar isn't transparent anymore

Since updating to Windows Insider Bulid Taskbar isn't transparent anymore: It changed its colour to blurry white/greyish from very nice transparent black. Weird thing is that on my other monitor it works just fine as it used to. I am using DisplayFusion for dual monitor taskbars. As you can see on attached pictures, on the first one you can see the...
  9. Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size

Windows 10 taskbar jumplist size: How do I control the number of filenames shown in taskbar jumplists? Virtually every article I've seen on this subject in this community is old and useless....
  10. can i edit a app's jumplist on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i edit a app's jumplist on the taskbar: i was wondering if i can add, edit or delete a option on a app's jump list or task list? [img] some apps dont have any options, one being a long unfixed issue would be google canary missing its task list. and it would be cool to add custom options there as well 79814