Windows 10: Since new Windows 10 install sound cuts out after a few minutes. Restart "fixes" it temporarily

Discus and support Since new Windows 10 install sound cuts out after a few minutes. Restart "fixes" it temporarily in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi- I recently installed version 1903. Since then whenever I am listening to sound (via my DAW, Youtube or iTunes) it is fine for a few minutes but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobCrowdy, Jul 5, 2019.

1. RobCrowdy Win User

Since new Windows 10 install sound cuts out after a few minutes. Restart "fixes" it temporarily

Hi-

I recently installed version 1903. Since then whenever I am listening to sound (via my DAW, Youtube or iTunes) it is fine for a few minutes but then the sound cuts out. The application I am using is still producing sound but nothing comes out of the speakers.

I have tried reinstalling drivers but this doesn't help.

If I restart the computer the sound works again for a while but then repeats.

Can anyone help?

Thanks-

Rob.

:)

RobCrowdy, Jul 5, 2019

2. Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 5, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Since new Windows 10 install sound cuts out after a few minutes. Restart "fixes" it temporarily

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Since new Windows 10 install sound cuts out after a few minutes. Restart "fixes" it temporarily

1. Since new Windows 10 install sound cuts out after a few minutes. Restart "fixes" it temporarily - Similar Threads - Since install sound

2. Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in: I have an MS Surface laptop with Windows Enterprise 11 installed and everything was fine until today when it wasn't. I plug my wired headphones into the socket every day for over a year without issue until today. When I plugged in the headphones while sound is playing I can...
  3. Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in: I have an MS Surface laptop with Windows Enterprise 11 installed and everything was fine until today when it wasn't. I plug my wired headphones into the socket every day for over a year without issue until today. When I plugged in the headphones while sound is playing I can...
  4. Audio keeps cutting out every 10 minutes then coming back after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio keeps cutting out every 10 minutes then coming back after a few seconds.: I've already tried reinstalling my drivers and many other things but nothing seems to be working. submitted by /u/ReBl437 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mmlu1h/audio_keeps_cutting_out_every_10_minutes_then/
  5. Sound keeps cutting out randomly and the only fix is to restart the laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound keeps cutting out randomly and the only fix is to restart the laptop: Hi! Hoping someone can help me with this as my limited tech knowledge hasn't helped me figure out how to fix this problem yet. My laptop is ASUS zenbook flip and I'm running Windows 10. Basically, the issue is that randomly my sound will stop working. Just cut out, in the...
  6. Webcam cutting out after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam cutting out after a few minutes: Hello, I've recently bought a webcam for online classes. It seemed to work just fine with Windows UVC. However, after my recent update from 1903 to 2004 it cuts out after a few minutes and only works once I take the USB out and plug it in again. Webcam: Link Dutch...
  7. Audio randomly cuts out every few minutes

Audio randomly cuts out every few minutes: This began to happen fairly recently, probably over the past few days. My audio is cutting out/lagging randomly when listening to Spotify and/or playing games for example. I'm using a DGX Xonar 5.1 soundcard for my toslink hi-fi system, as well as bluetooth headphones and...
  8. Bluetooth headphones cut out for a second every few minutes

Bluetooth headphones cut out for a second every few minutes: Recently my bluetooth headphones have started to cut out for a second every few minutes. After looking at the event viewer I noticed this occurs every instance. MMDevAPI: Audio device state changed Any idea what causes this to happen...
  9. USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes

USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes: Hello. I have a USB microphone for my computer. When I use it it will work for 5-15 minutes, before suddenly just recording nothing and displaying a 1 bar signal in my Recording Devices sound menu. Sometimes I can get it to work again if I unplug the mic and put it back in to...
  10. Sound cuts out every few minutes since upgrading to windows 10

Sound cuts out every few minutes since upgrading to windows 10: Hi, Whenever i'm watching anything in "films and tv" or what was previously windows media player the sound cuts out every minute or so for about 3-4 seconds. I tried watching my shows on a newly downloaded version of VLC and the sound still cuts out. I've tried adjust the Hz...