Windows 10: Since October update for Windows 10 my computer will not shut down it automatically...

Discus and support Since October update for Windows 10 my computer will not shut down it automatically... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; No mater how I try to shut my computer down it instead does a restart. I can push the power button, I can left click on start>power>shutdown, right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EdwardHartley, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Since October update for Windows 10 my computer will not shut down it automatically...

No mater how I try to shut my computer down it instead does a restart. I can push the power button, I can left click on start>power>shutdown, right click start> shut down or sign out>shut down, or even alt+F shutdown and it just restarts. The only way for me to shut the computer down is to do a hard power off by holding the power button until the screen goes black. My computer is a Dell inspiron 15 300 Series with Windows 10 Education. Another issue I have recently discovered is the sound is messing up too. When I try to watch videos i get a crackling through my speakers.

:)

EdwardHartley, Nov 19, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 19, 2018
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Nov 19, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Since October update for Windows 10 my computer will not shut down it automatically...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Since October update for Windows 10 my computer will not shut down it automatically... :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Since October update for Windows 10 my computer will not shut down it automatically...

1. Since October update for Windows 10 my computer will not shut down it automatically... - Similar Threads - Since October update

2. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  3. My computer is shutting down automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is shutting down automatically: Hey guys I was using windows 8.1 for quite a while but then I decided to upgrade to win 10. I finished the installation perfectly and the computer is working fine but it started to shutdown after approximately 6 or 7 mins. I changed the sleep mode timer to never but still the...
  4. Window 10 shuts down automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 shuts down automatically: Hello, Microsoft Engineers! My PC running on Windows 10 automatically shuts down and I am fed up from it. Please give permanent solution for it. Hope you will give me suitable solution immediately and no false promises....
  5. Windows Shutting Down Automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Shutting Down Automatically: Hi. I am using a Dell Inspiron 5547, and lately I've been having a problem with it. Around half the time I'm entering in my password the computer shuts down by itself. I've been having this issue for about a year now. I'm not sure if this is a problem from windows or from the...
  6. Computer Not Updating Since End of October

Computer Not Updating Since End of October: Since end of October I have not been able to update my computer. After the last update in October, my computer started acting funny. IE would not open. Cannotdownload Office. Updates will not install. The start up page store/people etc. will not open. Ive tried resetting...
  7. PC not shutting down since update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not shutting down since update: My windows 10 PC has been running perfectly fine for the last 4 years. Two weeks ago it did a small update and now my PC refuses to shutdown, it just enters sleep mode. I have run sfc and DISM. I have turned off fast start up and and set the sleep option in power settings to...
  8. No Windows Updates Since October

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Windows Updates Since October: I thought it was odd that i hadn't been able to update anything in ages. so i googled to see if anyone else had this issue & google almost blew up lol. i saw people having issues with files getting deleted, & many other things. i never NOTICED anything getting deleted but 99%...
  9. Automatic shut down

Automatic shut down: Since recent updates my computer will automatically lose the screen and has to be restarted. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for occurances. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shut-down/ed48e7ad-7223-4c82-bbc2-8a7a77185a97
  10. why does my computer shut down automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    why does my computer shut down automatically: this computer shutdown when not use after about 5 minutes even though the power option says never in both locations. It does not completely shut down because the startup screen is still on and I do have reenter my password. Any help on this problem would be greatly...