Windows 10: Since Solar Winds Corp security updates, I ask for plug-in OS and sandbox support.

Discus and support Since Solar Winds Corp security updates, I ask for plug-in OS and sandbox support. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since you were hacked through Solar Winds Corp security updates, my laptop will only recognize my proper login it I set on airplane mode and restart,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ohernova, Dec 20, 2020.

1. ohernova Win User

Since Solar Winds Corp security updates, I ask for plug-in OS and sandbox support.

Since you were hacked through Solar Winds Corp security updates, my laptop will only recognize my proper login it I set on airplane mode and restart, using the manufacturer keystrokes to open system boot. I ask for plug-in OS and sandbox support.

There is an immediate need for removable, clean OS drives that do not need to connect to the internet and can operate with no internet.

Microsoft has pushed for SAAS and SOA, as has Google and Apple. This is killing us all, as there is no way to protect from state-level intrusions on a massive scale, once they have inserted their code and it replicates throughout everyone's systems with constant updates.

I have suggested to Microsoft to use the LEGO approach, as was common in the early days of gaming machines that relied on plug-in physical units to activate and run the software. Some see this as a limited approach. Limits are what is needed now. We all need to do our work in a sandbox. To continue in the SAAS model, we are bleeding content to unseen players and rendering copyright and trademarks useless, even if trademark trolls are not sucking the life out of those creating the next generation of technology.

I and I suspect, the rest of you out there would like to just be able to do our work on the systems we purchased, without being herded like a bunch of puppets across a stage to dance to someone else's script.

I ask Microsoft, Google, Apple, IBM, Oracle, and all the other players to come to the table and discuss a new way to do business: offering sandbox systems with removable OS physical units and eliminating the constant drain on systems to monitor and communicate for the purpose of getting all users hooked on SAAS and all its inherent vulnerabilities.

Some of us just want to get our work done in the quiet.

:)

ohernova, Dec 20, 2020

2. Vmmem process will not be killed. Windows sandbox.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to stop the Windows Sandbox process.
    Please try disable and re-enable sandbox to check the issue.

1. Press Windows + R key, then type appwiz.cpl and click Ok.
    2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    3. Uncheck the box beside Windows Sandbox and click
      OK
    4. Restart the PC and check.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Sandbox to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 20, 2020
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Since Solar Winds Corp security updates, I ask for plug-in OS and sandbox support.

Fix for Sandbox

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Since Solar Winds Corp security updates, I ask for plug-in OS and sandbox support.

1. Since Solar Winds Corp security updates, I ask for plug-in OS and sandbox support. - Similar Threads - Since Solar Winds

2. Windows Sandbox asks WDAGUtilityAccount's password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox asks WDAGUtilityAccount's password: Hi.My OS version is Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Build 19044.1645In sandbox, setting shows Windows 10 Enterprise Version 2004 Build 19041.1645After some kind of sandbox tasks, I want to export Microsoft Edge's password.Then Windows Security asks WDAGUtilityAccount's passwordI...
  3. Windows Sandbox asks WDAGUtilityAccount's password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox asks WDAGUtilityAccount's password: Hi.My OS version is Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Build 19044.1645In sandbox, setting shows Windows 10 Enterprise Version 2004 Build 19041.1645After some kind of sandbox tasks, I want to export Microsoft Edge's password.Then Windows Security asks WDAGUtilityAccount's passwordI...
  4. Windows Sandbox asks WDAGUtilityAccount's password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Security issues with Pin since update

Security issues with Pin since update: My daughter updated her laptop windows 10 and now it is saying Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device.Click to set up pin againWhen I do this it has an email I can not access and leave me no other option.In lockdown and can't...
  6. Windows Sandbox does not support GPL3??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Sandbox does not support GPL3??: Attempting to run a game within the sandbox, the game reports that it needs GPL3.X to run. Looking at the graphics drivers in the sandbox it appears that it is assigning a rather generic Microsoft driver to the graphics card and not the NVIDIA driver.Is there a way to enhance...
  7. How Can We All Set Up Our Home Sandboxes Since Solar Winds Will Take Years to Untangle?

How Can We All Set Up Our Home Sandboxes Since Solar Winds Will Take Years to Untangle?: My PC won't recognize my system logon unless I boot in safe mode not connected to the internet, thanks to the long-running Solar Winds hack. We, the users, need our own sandboxes, for our systems and peripherals, regardless of age of the OS. If there were an...
  8. Intel Corp update in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Intel Corp update in Windows Update: Just checking for new updates and found this "Intel Corporation - Extension - 21.70.0.3" as pending. Did a search but can not find much info on it. Anyone have any ideas as to its function. Thanks Version 18363.778 154440
  9. winds udate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    winds udate: 2 meses que compre mi laptop me molesta actualizar cada rato. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/winds-udate/8e1385a0-4836-4585-ba4e-934691a35719
  10. Windows Update not working since installing the November build to Wind

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update not working since installing the November build to Wind: Can someone out there help me with this very annoying problem please? Today i went to Settings>Security & Update>Check for Updates Now and i keep getting the same message that reads like this: We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can...