Windows 10: since that basically forced update the sound doesnt come througgh my tv/soundbar hdmi

Discus and support since that basically forced update the sound doesnt come througgh my tv/soundbar hdmi in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; thats it in a nutshell no sound to tv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeShort2, Apr 9, 2021.

1. JoeShort2 Win User

since that basically forced update the sound doesnt come througgh my tv/soundbar hdmi

thats it in a nutshell

no sound to tv

:)

JoeShort2, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Jaffakeik Win User

SOundbar dont give sound with HDMI(SOLVED)

I recently bought soundbar yamaha ysp 2500 as it supports 2.0 hdmi connection I bought cable 2.0a So i guess its still 2.0 and should be fine. I connected it with port ARC on soundbar with port ARC on TV(panasonic dx700b) But there is no sound I tried all possible variations with all HDMI ports on soundbar and on TV, but no sound. IT works perfectly with Optical, but I want it with HDMI as well to get all features. So what am I doing wrong?
    And btw I tried with other HDMI cables like 1.4 version still nothing.
    HDMI-CEC witch is called Viera-link on my TV is enabled as I read forums. SO what exactly ports do I need to connect on Sbar and on TV.
    Or the problem is somewhere else?

Jaffakeik, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Force HDMI to carry 5.1 Dolby or whatever

I'm also replying to this thread to get the attachments.

My sound system is a Samsung HW-Q67CT. Its basically a 5.1 soundbar that links to a wireless set of rear speakers. They advertise it as a 7.1 system (which I'm learning is kinda BS). It can handle Dolby Digital through the TV but only PCM when playing from the PC. Also, it won't let me pick 5.1 in my "speaker setup" settings.

I have a gtx 1070 with an HDMI plugged in through the HDMI input of my soundbar. And then I got an HDMI plugged from my soundbar's ARC output to my TV's ARC input.

My TV is a samsung Q6DR TV. It plays everything through the smart TV apps just fine. Amazon prime, netflix, even movies that I play on the TV's media player via its USB drive play dolby digital and surround sound. But when I play the same content through my pc doesnt play each channel correctly. I get this "virtual surround sound" coming from each speaker.

Hopefully I can use these guides to help. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

drewnickel, Apr 9, 2021
  4. JohnGi(2) Win User

since that basically forced update the sound doesnt come througgh my tv/soundbar hdmi

HDMI sound no longer comes from the TV

After the latest Microsoft update the HDMI sound no longer comes from the TV, only the computer. How can I fix that or will a patch come soon?

JohnGi(2), Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. since that basically forced update the sound doesnt come througgh my tv/soundbar hdmi - Similar Threads - since basically forced

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  4. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.: I have tried all 6:Method 1: Restart Your ComputerMethod 2: Set HDMI as default Playback Device My tv or any tv did pop outMethod 3: Update your Sound DriversMethod 4: Enable Audio ControllersMethod 5: Update Graphics Card DriversMethod 6: Uninstall Graphic and Audio Drivers...
  6. No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound coming out from the tv when using HDMI.: I have tried all 6:Method 1: Restart Your ComputerMethod 2: Set HDMI as default Playback Device My tv or any tv did pop outMethod 3: Update your Sound DriversMethod 4: Enable Audio ControllersMethod 5: Update Graphics Card DriversMethod 6: Uninstall Graphic and Audio Drivers...
  7. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  8. no sound to tv thru hdmi

no sound to tv thru hdmi: no sound to tv via hdmi/windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-to-tv-thru-hdmi/77a45187-59de-427e-ad97-2d97b88310d8
  9. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

No sound coming from my TV through HDMI: The problem I am having is that my JVC TV is not picking any sound at all from my Desktop but if I plug a speaker in the headphone jack, the headphone jack picks the sound but not my JVC TV through HDMI which is what I need. My TV is a JVC with an HDMI port where I connect...
  10. Just updated to 10, no sound coming from HDMI TV any more.

in Windows 10 Support
    Just updated to 10, no sound coming from HDMI TV any more.: Hi everyone, I just updated my PC to windows 10 and now I'm not getting any sound from my HDMI connected TV. Picture is working fine and have tried as many solutions as i could find. I've restarted, tried a new HDMI cable and used different ports, I've tried to update...