Windows 10: Since the 1903 update computers can't access a .gov Website

Discus and support Since the 1903 update computers can't access a .gov Website in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Computers that have had all cumulative patches for 1903 and Netframe updates can no longer access .gov site. This is similar to the issue in the UK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JacqueBarletta, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Since the 1903 update computers can't access a .gov Website

Computers that have had all cumulative patches for 1903 and Netframe updates can no longer access .gov site. This is similar to the issue in the UK that Microsoft issued update KB4512941.

A tracert times out, no browsers can access the site. Steps that I have taken:

Ran at tracert to footprints that timed out
    Renamed the connections folder in the registry for Internet
    Tried a private browsing session in Edge
    Uninstalled the Ethernet adapter from Device Manager
    Flushed DNS
    Tried the GOOGLE DNS in the ipconfig 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4
    Registered the DNS
    Ipconfig /release and renew
    Reset Browser
    Disabled Antivirus
    Ran update troubleshooter – results all good
    Cleared cache
    Restarted windows services
    Created a host file with the ip address for footprints

Reset winsock

:)

JacqueBarletta, Oct 15, 2019

2. Getting access denied on some websites

Hi Debbie,

The issue you have encountered may be due to a website is not a trusted website or the website is a secured site. For us to better assist you with the access denied on websites, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What is the exact error message when accessing a website?
    • Have you tried updating your computer? It could be that there are missing features on your current system that needs to be installed. If you haven't updated your computer yet, try updating it. It will do the trick.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Since the 1903 update computers can't access a .gov Website

Website Access Denied

Hi Robert,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from accessing this particular website. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Can you access this website from a different device or computer?
    • Are you connected to a private network, or a public network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried aside from using other browsers?

Yolvi Ell, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Since the 1903 update computers can't access a .gov Website

1. Since the 1903 update computers can't access a .gov Website - Similar Threads - Since 1903 update

2. Can't get on computer since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get on computer since update: All, I had an update on my computer windows 10 so selected update n restart. Came back to blue screen choose option. I've tried every possible option, safe mode and nothing works. Now at a loss and can use my computer...
  3. Can't access one website

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access one website: I am trying to access a website but get error message, "server IP address could not be found." My internet is connected and I can get on other sites. I tried to access the site on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and get the same message. My Windows 10 is updated. I am...
  4. Unable to reach .gov website thru ASUS router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to reach .gov website thru ASUS router: Was trying to get to employnv.gov. Ended up unpluging from router and direct into cable modem. Worked first time, tried router again still times out connection. Win updated, ASUS router RT-AC68P. Where do I look? Could not find help on website, no link for webmaster/support....
  5. Can't access appdata\local folders except "microsoft" since updating to 1903

Can't access appdata\local folders except "microsoft" since updating to 1903: I'm trying to locate a log file in one of my app folders under "appdata". I can drill down to appdata\local but the only available folder is "Microsoft". Any help appreciated....
  6. Can't Connect Remote Desktop Since Update 1903

Can't Connect Remote Desktop Since Update 1903: Hi, After updating my windows 10 computers with the latest updates, i'm unable to connect via remote desktop to our 2012 R2 server. The issue started after a restart on the server lately. All other computers on the network are able to connect, including not updated Windows...
  7. Can't ever update to Windows 1903 since it was released

Can't ever update to Windows 1903 since it was released: In the update and security section I always have that "Download and install now" button about the May update whenever I click on it it starts downloading until like 98 or something then it always crashes with an error, last time was 0x80240034, before that one was 0x80246007,...
  8. Computer will not sleep since Windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not sleep since Windows 10 1903 update: My computer refuses to sleep since updated to Windows 10 1903. I've read up and followed other suggestions but the computer will not go to sleep. When I say I have tried everything I have. I come back to the computer after several hours and it is not asleep. If I'm lucky...
  9. Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update

Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update: Updated to 1903 three days ago (6-2-19) and my computer is crashing a lot. Watching videos, writing emails, doing nothing just on and computer decides to re-boot or computer didn't shut down properly and I will see the computer trying to recover. Computer has crashed approx....
  10. can't access some websites

can't access some websites: I have this weird problem that causes chrome and firefox to download some pages (like: Download the fastest Firefox ever or hwzone.co.il - please notice this happens only on some websites and not all) instead of simply viewing them. the file that get downloaded isn't even a...