Windows 10: Since the 2004 update, I am getting random system freeze

Discus and support Since the 2004 update, I am getting random system freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Seems to me to be since the 2004 update. I am doing normal tasks in Word or browsing the Web or in some cases not at my computer and the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonGraef, Nov 11, 2020.

1. JonGraef Win User

Since the 2004 update, I am getting random system freeze

Seems to me to be since the 2004 update.

I am doing normal tasks in Word or browsing the Web or in some cases not at my computer and the mouse freezes, there is no keyboard input, ctrl+alt+delete does not work. Inserting a usb pendrive does not invoke an action. Just to state clearly this is not bluescreening. There is nothing written to a log in the Events. There is no SSD activity. The only way out of it is to turn off the computer, and boot again.

:)

JonGraef, Nov 11, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Nov 11, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

Random system freezes for weeks

Alright, time for an update.
    My lead was the RAM, after some time of trying it looked like the RAM may be the cause. Can't remember exactly why/how I came to it unfortunately.

After some time the frequency of freezes seemed to increase again to a frequency of 1 per day, this situation looked for me like a perfect opportunity to use driver verifier again with a different setup as it won't take much longer than 2-3 days of testing with driver verifier.

So with that in mind I enabled all standard options + power framework delay fuzzing & DDI compliance checking in driver verifier choosing all drivers of the list that are above the Microsoft drivers. Doing so makes it easier to document everything properly making it more clear what I've done, what the result is and what a possible next step could be.

After a few days with this configuration no single freeze had occured, enough proof for me to go to the next step which is using the same settings on all drivers in the list that are beneath the Microsoft drivers. I'm currently in that setup of driver verifier running my system.

A next step with driver verifier will be to enable the other additional options, only 2-3 at a time to not rush it, checking all drivers above the Microsoft onces.

I'm running driver verifier 72h to 96h (3-4 days) each time for those who'd like to know.

These are the possibilities I have in mind with driver verifier:
    - If it is a hardware issue then driver verifier should be able to crash my system without pointing to any driver or pointing at too many drivers.
    - If it is a driver issue then driver verifier should be able to crash my system for a maximum of a few times if I have some bad luck with getting back in Windows.
    - If driver verifier is unable to crash my system then the next step is to see if any program may be causing issues by uninstalling one-by-one per few days, with my amount of programs it should only take a few more months to complete this troubleshooting process but with a 100% certainty. That is assuming that Microsoft doesn't workout a patch for issues that unexpectly fixes my issue too.

Thema:

1. Since the 2004 update, I am getting random system freeze - Similar Threads - Since 2004 update

2. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  3. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updated since 2004: My Windows has not been updated since version 2004 Every time I try to update, the first phases work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. I did the SFC and DISM commands. All my...
  4. Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1: This happens from time to time when I am working, but also many times when I wake up the computer from hibertination. It started when I updated to 21H1 a couple of weeks ago.All of a sudden windows becomes super laggy and unresponsive, as if anything would use a lot of...
  5. Windows freezing since 2004 update during gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezing since 2004 update during gaming: Hi guys! I made a mistake by updating my computer to the latest windows version. Unfortunately there must be some drivers conflicting or something forcing my PC to freeze whilst playing videogames. This literally only happens whilst playing games. I've tried; DDU...
  6. I am not getting microsoft updates since March 2020.

I am not getting microsoft updates since March 2020.: Hi, Since march this, I am not getting any Microsoft updates officially. I try my level best to solve the issue what are the all the option available to get the updates by seeing Youtube and Microsoft official support websites but I didn't found any solution in this aspect,...
  7. PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update

PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update: I updated my PC to Windows 10 from 8.1 in January. Since doing so my PC will randomly freeze completely, resulting in a hard reset.I'm nervous these hard resets will result in data corruption. I've never experienced this before with this particular PC. I've updated ALL...
  8. I am getting random freezing and crashing since update 1903, the updater is also now saying...

I am getting random freezing and crashing since update 1903, the updater is also now saying...: AMD Reisen 3 2200 with radion vega graphics 8 gig ram Running windows 10 pro Having random freezes and frequent crashes since 1903 update. there is a failed framework update as that updater has tried multiple tomes to install. I have been through the fix it walkthrough...
  9. Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update

Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update: Hi, Before 1803 update I never had any freezing problem. But after that laptop started to freeze randomly, usually after working a few hours. Then I could not reset it and sent it to the service. They could not find any problem but reset the laptop (formatted) to version...
  10. System Freezes randomly!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Freezes randomly!: Hallo guys, this month i experience a very strange thing happening to my pc. My pc randomly freezes and i have to hard restart in order to start using it again! No bsod or something. I ve ran a memtest for a night but it came out clear! Can you help me? 116500