Windows 10: Since the last update 8/31/20, my computer is crawlingly, almost dial-up modem slow!

Discus and support Since the last update 8/31/20, my computer is crawlingly, almost dial-up modem slow! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Since the last update on 8/31/20, my computer is extremely slow. I would like to reverse the last update. Please help. Thanks very much.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikede Silva, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Since the last update 8/31/20, my computer is crawlingly, almost dial-up modem slow!

Hello,

Since the last update on 8/31/20, my computer is extremely slow. I would like to reverse the last update. Please help.

Thanks very much.

Mike

:)

Mikede Silva, Sep 5, 2020
  2. xfire Win User

Networking With Dial-Up...?

What do you plan to use it for? Forget gaming cause it will be very slow.
    Also what do you mean by dial-up? Dial-up internet or just the modem?
    If all of them have access to the internet use hamachi as btarunr suggested.
    wiak-EVDO has just started coming here(India)

xfire, Sep 5, 2020
  3. dial up modem for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you can connect to the network.

Method 1: Run hardware and Device troubleshooter

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2:

Try running the Network troubleshooter to see if it can diagnose and fix the problem.

•Make sure you're dialing the correct number, including any required access numbers (such as 9), and that the number isn't busy.

•Make sure the phone jack is working. To test this, plug in a phone to see if there is a dial tone.

•Make sure the phone cable is plugged into the "line" jack on your modem, not the "telephone" jack.

•Make sure the phone cable isn't defective by plugging a phone into the "telephone" jack on your modem. If there's a dial tone, the phone cable is working.

•If you have call waiting, try turning it off, and then try connecting again.

•Your ISP might have disconnected you if you weren't interacting with the website for a while. Try connecting again.

•If someone picked up the phone while you were online, you might have been automatically disconnected. Try connecting again.

•Most dial-up modems work only with analog phone lines. Verify that you have analog phone lines installed, or, if you have digital phone lines installed, verify that your PC has a digital modem.

•Make sure your modem is working properly. For more info, check the info that came with your modem or go to the manufacturer's website.

•Contact your telephone company to verify the quality of your phone line.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Wsimp58 Win User

Since the last update 8/31/20, my computer is crawlingly, almost dial-up modem slow!

Vista compatible dial up modem.

I live out in boonies and cannot get dsl/cable internet and i have just recently built a new computer with vista. Which out of the box does not have dial up drivers and such. Does anyone know of a Vista compatible dial up modem?

Wsimp58, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Since the last update 8/31/20, my computer is crawlingly, almost dial-up modem slow!

1. Since the last update 8/31/20, my computer is crawlingly, almost dial-up modem slow! - Similar Threads - Since last update

2. C drive running almost constantly since last W11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive running almost constantly since last W11 update: I have tried to uninstall the latest "update", Visual Studio Client Detector Utility, uninstall failed. C drive still is in the R/W mode almost constantly. It is a 1.8TB drive if that makes any difference.I have 4 HD:C: 1.8TBD: 1.8 TBF: 4.66 GBK: 1.8 TB2 ea. DVD RW DrivesRAM:...
  3. Hard drive running almost constantly since last W11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive running almost constantly since last W11 update: What is it that since I did my last Windows 11 update a few days ago that the hard drive on my laptop seems to be almost constantly running???? Never had that issue before. Every time I open a document of any type it starts running and stays running. It goes off for a minute...
  4. Computer going super slow since last upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer going super slow since last upgrade: Wondering if this has something to do with flash being discontinued. submitted by /u/AdeptBerry [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jv9yzn/computer_going_super_slow_since_last_upgrade/
  5. Reboot from 9/1/20 8/31 URGENT PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reboot from 9/1/20 8/31 URGENT PROBLEM: I am unbelievably upset. My computer was rebooted yesterday and the type has completely shrunk and the screen is super light. I have an urgent situation. I have limited vision and bought a large screen to have larger clearer type. Now I can hardly read the emails. The type is...
  6. Two computers playing up since last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two computers playing up since last update.: Hi, I am certainly getting sick of this. For about the last ten days I have wasted most of each day trying to sort out my 2 windows 10 computers. On both of the machines the first scene as windows 10 loads is totally out of focus and fuzzy. Maybe this is a new feature of...
  7. Dial up modems on Windows 10 cannot be soft modems.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dial up modems on Windows 10 cannot be soft modems.: Some programming in Windows 10 (ver. 1809) appears to have changed from Windows 7 to prohibit soft modems from accessing resources to operate. I have a 10 year old Lenovo core duo 2GB memory with a 80 gig HD that operated perfectly well on Windows 7 for years to allow...
  8. Dial Up Modem Won't Work On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dial Up Modem Won't Work On Windows 10: I have just updated to Windows 10 on 3 computers, and have 3 Zoom USB Modems (#3095). I cannot send or receive any data via dialup on these modems. I have an 8-year-old machine that is still running Windows 7, and the modems work fine on that one. I called Zoom Tech...
  9. Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow laptop startup since last cumulative update: During the last two weeks or so, I've noticed that my laptop takes an inordinate amount of time to start up--way more time than it used to take, and that's even with fast startup enabled. I think the longer startup began after the last Windows 10 cumulative update...
  10. Startup slowed to a crawl

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup slowed to a crawl: Hi Everyone, I haven't been here for quite some time. About a week ago something changed with my Windows 10 startup. Everything seems to begin smoothly until the final blue screen finishes. There was usually a slight pause before the desktop appears but now just before my...