Windows 10: Since the last update my screen has expanded beyone vewable area how do I fix?

Discus and support Since the last update my screen has expanded beyone vewable area how do I fix? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My drivers are up to date. I have used the manufactures utilities to reduce the screen size that fix got my display to normal before. But NOW it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RalphSmith5, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Since the last update my screen has expanded beyone vewable area how do I fix?

My drivers are up to date.

I have used the manufactures utilities to reduce the screen size that fix got my display to normal before.

But NOW it will not work so my Start button, task bar is off screen.

Resizing using any Windows 10 resolution changes or resizing all fail.

I deleted my drivers went with default Win 10 and same thing reinstalled manufactures drivers still no go.

Windows says I'm 1920x1080 as recommended but as my monitor is that and I have no way of resizing.

Can you PLEASE do what you should have done and allow a customizable resizing of VERTICAL and HORIZONTAL and then POSITIONING and allow those to be saved/backed up to a file and have the ability to recover those settings either in Display setting under saved settings/lockscreen?

By the way my lockscreen used to be the correct size before this last update and now it has the same issue.

If I have to buy a new graphics card then it's only fair Microsoft bunny up for the cost as it's only after the auto update that you have created my issue.

:)

RalphSmith5, Nov 18, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Taskbar and notification area

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to update the graphic card driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager

• Expand Display Adapters.

• Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

• Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.
    Also, suggest you to install any pending updates available and restart the PC and check for status.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Since the last update my screen has expanded beyone vewable area how do I fix?

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Since the last update my screen has expanded beyone vewable area how do I fix?

1. Since the last update my screen has expanded beyone vewable area how do I fix? - Similar Threads - Since last update

2. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  3. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems since last update: just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again....
  4. My computer has changed the way it functions since last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer has changed the way it functions since last update.: How do I resolve the following challenges.1 when I click on tab it does not always open, upload or do anything....as if my mouse is not working. But it is. 2 once in a tab, it will not allow me to move thru the page.....I have to wait it out, sometimes double clicking works....
  5. no audio output device installed since last update how do I fix this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio output device installed since last update how do I fix this: Since the last update to windows 10 I have have the above error. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers from the HP site as I have a HP notebook and this has not resolved the problem. I tried a complete reset of the notebook and there is still no resolution. I have tried...
  6. I can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NEMAJEFF [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2vcxs/i_cant_expand_c_how_do_i_do_it_is_it_necessary/
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  9. How do I keep NAS drives awake? broken since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I keep NAS drives awake? broken since last update: When I open Windows Explorer my NAS drives have the red X over them like they are disconnected. I click on them and they connect right away. The problem I am having is when I try to stream a movie from my NAS via my app it says "path not found". I then have to open Windows...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538