Windows 10: Since the last update my system takes so long to boot (I have an hdd). A friend of mine has...

Discus and support Since the last update my system takes so long to boot (I have an hdd). A friend of mine has... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PlayLikeMe10YT [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PlayLikeMe10YT, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Since the last update my system takes so long to boot (I have an hdd). A friend of mine has...

/u/PlayLikeMe10YT, Mar 25, 2020
  2. gygabite Win User

Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Mar 25, 2020
  3. ra_si Win User
    Can the system boot from HDD connected with Optical Drive Caddy?

I have a Dell Vostro 3546 Laptop, which is now 3 yrs old.

It was not powering on (4 to 5 months back) and I had it repaired by a local technician though, the power issue was fixed but a new issue took place, the system wasn't (and still) detecting HDD.

I checked connecting the HDD with other PC, its working fine and has all the data & partitions, but Laptop is not detecting Hard drive

A friend of mine suggested to try connecting the hard drive with Optical Drive Caddy, and according to him the system will boot, as I can change the boot sequence, but I want to make sure if this will work before I disassemble the Laptop.

So, will the system be able to boot from Hard drive connected with Optical drive caddy and the main HDD port (socket) left empty??

Kindly drop suggestions with specific details.

Error Code the system had produced after diagnosing:

Note:

1. If the system can boot with HDD connected with Optical Drive Caddy, the Read/Write speeds would differ, but how likely the difference would be.??
    2. Do I need to configure BIOS with particular settings for doing so.??

ra_si, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Since the last update my system takes so long to boot (I have an hdd). A friend of mine has...

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Since the last update my system takes so long to boot (I have an hdd). A friend of mine has...

1. Since the last update my system takes so long to boot (I have an hdd). A friend of mine has... - Similar Threads - Since last update

2. Why does my pc take so long to boot windows?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my pc take so long to boot windows?: I have recently gotten a new pc and for some reason, every time i go to turn it on it takes a couple minutes for my pc to actually boot up windows. I would press my power button on my pc and the case would light up and start turning on but then the monitors would turn on and...
  3. Why does my pc take so long to boot windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc take so long to boot windows?: I have recently gotten a new pc and for some reason, every time i go to turn it on it takes a couple minutes for my pc to actually boot up windows. I would press my power button on my pc and the case would light up and start turning on but then the monitors would turn on and...
  4. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  5. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  6. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Update taking so long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update taking so long: I started the whole process like an hour ago and it’s at 18%. I need to get my school work done for today and i would really appreciate info of why it’s taking so long and if there’s anyway to make it faster. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/iLovePotatoes__ [link]...
  8. Why does it take so long to update?

Why does it take so long to update?: I started a Windows update yesterday around 10:00 am Sunday. Let it run till this morning at 7:00 am and it said 3% last night when I went to bed and again 3% when I turned my laptop off. Why so long to update? I could see an hour or so but not close to 24 hours. Is...
  9. Windows 10 update is taking so long

Windows 10 update is taking so long: My computer is updating from win 7 to win 10 And its taking 10 hours also its freeze at 75% for 3 hours now.....is it normal or is it bad?(sorry for my bad english though :P)...
  10. system update taking to long

system update taking to long: system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-update-taking-to-long/48343cee-1acc-453d-ba09-b13672413621