Windows 10: Since the last Win 10 update, Chrome not working, cannot be reinstalled

Discus and support Since the last Win 10 update, Chrome not working, cannot be reinstalled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the last Win 10 update, Chrome would not work. Edge was/is fine. Uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. Install keeps failing. Edge is not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KatFieler, May 8, 2019.

1. KatFieler Win User

Since the last Win 10 update, Chrome not working, cannot be reinstalled

Since the last Win 10 update, Chrome would not work. Edge was/is fine. Uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. Install keeps failing. Edge is not working well with video subscription services (NetFlix, Hulu, Amazon). Why can't I install Chrome? Is there a bug?

:)

KatFieler, May 8, 2019

2. WIN 10 Update Kills Chrome?

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with your computer, I understand the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by the
    Babu V.

Why is Google Chrome not responding?

If the issue persists I would suggest you to uninstall chrome & reinstall in Compatibility mode & check if the issue persists.

This issue may arise due to some corruption in Chrome installation files. I suggest you to try installing Google Chrome in compatibility mode and check if it works. Compatibility mode runs the
    program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the setup file from the Google Chrome website.
    • Right-click on the .exe setup file and click on
      ‘Properties’
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7/8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 8, 2019
  3. jeepers08 Win User
    After Win 10 Creator Fall Update Chrome Doesn't Work -- Black Screen

After the Windows 10 Creator Fall Update was installed on my desktop this morning, my Chrome browser doesn't work.

It opens but only shows a black screen. I don't see any tabs, icons, menus or anything.

I tried uninstalling the Win 10 Creator Fall Update but it doesn't appear to have made any difference because Chrome still doesn't work.

I tried to uninstall Chrome in order to reinstall it but that doesn't even work. I don't know if the uninstall is displaying something in the Chrome browser that I'm not able to see and click on.

My specs are:

Lenovo K450e

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 CPU 3.20 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Win 10 home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.15

Any suggestions?

thank you.

jeepers08, May 8, 2019
  4. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Since the last Win 10 update, Chrome not working, cannot be reinstalled - Similar Threads - Since last update

2. Cannot uninstall some programs mostly since the last win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall some programs mostly since the last win 10 update.: my optimum online will not close. I cannot uninstall some programs and it all started after the last win 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-uninstall-some-programs-mostly-since-the/192348e4-f828-4f24-80da-ea73fecd6fe5
  3. Cannot uninstall some programs mostly since the last win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall some programs mostly since the last win 10 update.: my optimum online will not close. I cannot uninstall some programs and it all started after the last win 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-uninstall-some-programs-mostly-since-the/192348e4-f828-4f24-80da-ea73fecd6fe5
  4. Cannot uninstall some programs mostly since the last win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 login problem since last update.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 login problem since last update.: Instead of getting the small window that allows me to enter my password number to login I now get a message saying there is a problem and the window is not available. There is also the option to reset the password, so last night I clicked on it, but then a warning came up...
  6. Win 10 login problem since last update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 login problem since last update.: Instead of getting the small window that allows me to enter my password number to login I now get a message saying there is a problem and the window is not available. There is also the option to reset the password, so last night I clicked on it, but then a warning came up...
  7. laptop not working since last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not working since last update: Hi, My HP probook is now inoperable since it restarted after an update. Previous to that it kept crashing & I was getting different stop codes including KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED & MEMORY MANAGEMENT. After a series of crashes it said needs a restart. Ever since that...
  8. Onedrive not working since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not working since last update: Since these updates were installed, onedrive in File Explorer has stopped working. Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. - Net - 8/9/2019 AM - 15.68.17015.112 Successfully installed on 07-Dec-19 Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. - Bluetooth - 8/9/2019 AM - 15.68.17015.112 Successfully...
  9. Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update: Since the last Windows update Facebook will not load on either Chrome or Firefox, but loads on Edge. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both and cleared cookies to no avail. the loading either times out or comes up with an error message. If I didn't know better (!)...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome stopped working windows 10

2. chrome and firefox not working since last windows 10 update

3. chrome not working since update

4. reinstalled windows 10 not chrome not working,
  5. windows 10 last update inestability chrome,
  6. chrome cannot reach google websites since windows update may 2019