Windows 10: Since the last Windows 10 update, I cannot play MOV files in the Movie Player.

Discus and support Since the last Windows 10 update, I cannot play MOV files in the Movie Player. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone had a problem playing MOV files since the last Windows 10 Jan. 2020 1909 update? I cannot play any MOV files with the Movie Player since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkMilligan58, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Since the last Windows 10 update, I cannot play MOV files in the Movie Player.

Has anyone had a problem playing MOV files since the last Windows 10 Jan. 2020 1909 update? I cannot play any MOV files with the Movie Player since that was installed.

:)

MarkMilligan58, Jan 22, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

.MOV file will not play

You have 2 options:
    1. Download and install Quicktime Player to play .mov: QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows OR
    2. Download and install Handbrake: HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder and convert .mov file to another format such as .avi or .mp4 then you can play with VLC or with Movies & TV App that came installed with Windows.

topgundcp, Jan 22, 2020
  3. cannot play .mov on media player

I installed QuickTime and downloaded codecs and it still won't play.

VanessaLowell, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Since the last Windows 10 update, I cannot play MOV files in the Movie Player.

cannot play .mov on media player

Hi Vanessa,

Some of the possible reasons why you’re unable to play .mov files in your Windows Media Player would be:

• Plug-ins which are required to play the .mov files aren’t installed.
    • If the Windows Media Player’s source is corrupted.
    • In Windows Media Player you need codecs to play .mov files, and if a specific codec is not installed, an error message will pop up.

By installing MOV codec, you can play MOV video files with Windows Media Player. Normally, you can simply install
    QuickTime Player to get MOV codec. Did you try to install third party codec packs?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Since the last Windows 10 update, I cannot play MOV files in the Movie Player.

1. Since the last Windows 10 update, I cannot play MOV files in the Movie Player. - Similar Threads - Since last update

2. I purchased a MOV player app but file not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased a MOV player app but file not playing: I purchased a MOV player app but file not supported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-a-mov-player-app-but-file-not-playing/96ab63a5-5ba5-4b4b-9b61-29d8fa080264
  3. I purchased a MOV player app but file not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased a MOV player app but file not playing: I purchased a MOV player app but file not supported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-a-mov-player-app-but-file-not-playing/96ab63a5-5ba5-4b4b-9b61-29d8fa080264
  4. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  5. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  6. Cannot Play .MOV files

Cannot Play .MOV files: I use a Zoom q4n to record videos that I have to submit as schoolwork. The camera only records in the .MOV format and when I try to import them to my surface they import with only audio and no video. When I try to open video files with the windows Movies and TV app I get the...
  7. iPhone mov file become jpg in Window 10, cannot play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iPhone mov file become jpg in Window 10, cannot play: I took video on iPhone, and drag to copy to PC with Window 10. Those mov files somehow become jpg file without my knowledge. Those becoming jpg cannot be played by default program Photos, those remain as mov file also cannot be played by default Movies and TV. The file size...
  8. How to I play a .MOV file in Windows 10

How to I play a .MOV file in Windows 10: What tools does Microsoft offer to play MOV type files on it;s Window 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-play-a-mov-file-in-windows-10/754f00cd-844e-47de-903e-62ec64892e86"
  9. MOV files won't play in Windows 10

MOV files won't play in Windows 10: MOV files from iphone won't open in Windows 10. Which app will open these files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mov-files-wont-play-in-windows-10/a5bda302-29c1-46e1-8bc1-8a6645eab943"
  10. .MOV file will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    .MOV file will not play: My daughter sent a message to my wife’s IPad, that contained a .mov file of the junior school concert items a grandson took part in, from her IPhone. I wanted to listen with better volume and sound, so we the file to an email to me: File name IMG_nnnn.MOV. I detached the...