Windows 10: Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all...

Discus and support Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all the "remedies" available on Google without success i.e. from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlfredEpstein, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all...

Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all the "remedies" available on Google without success i.e. from device uninstall/ re-install, drive driver update, SATA driver update to registry filters deletion. Any other hints please?

:)

AlfredEpstein, Feb 3, 2023

2. Windows 10 does not recognize optical drive.

Just installed Windows 10. Optical drive is available on Device Manager and has been updated with latest software/firmware (and recognized as H drive by install package), but not recognized as a drive by Windows. I tried reg edit fix suggested on forums,
    but got syntax error each time? These posts were all from last year. Has coding changed or am I making some mistake entering it? Frustrated.

Robert Hoefer, Feb 3, 2023
  3. LemP Win User
    Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

LemP, Feb 3, 2023
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all...

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all... 264148d1579727363t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-12-.png

Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all... 264149d1579727409t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-10-.png

Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all... 264150d1579727247t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-11-.png

Jerry8A, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all...

1. Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all... - Similar Threads - Since last 10Pro

2. Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all...: Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all the "remedies" available on Google without success i.e. from device uninstall/ re-install, drive driver update, SATA driver update to registry filters deletion. Any other hints please?...
  3. Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all...: Since the last Windows 10Pro update my optical drive does not recognize disks. I tried all the "remedies" available on Google without success i.e. from device uninstall/ re-install, drive driver update, SATA driver update to registry filters deletion. Any other hints please?...
  4. Optical drive not recognized until manually click disk management

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optical drive not recognized until manually click disk management: I have an annoying problem with my recently purchased Dell computer running Home Windows 10. The DVD optical drive is not recognized when I put in a DVD or CD until I click on Disk Management, or turn on/off another external drive. I have called Dell Support several times....
  5. All of my Games are Crashing since the Last Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All of my Games are Crashing since the Last Update: Hi, I've easily been running games on my laptop from both steam and origin until the Driver Update- Intel Corporation - Software Component- 17.9.1.1012 or the Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Now any game has been crashing after 10 minutes. How...
  6. Optical drive recognized, discs spins but does not play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical drive recognized, discs spins but does not play: A friend asked me to re-install Window 10 due to a failing Hard drive. After the install incl. all current (20H2) MS updates I encounter the following problem. The Optical drive displays in File Manager (and Device Manger) but does not auto play and discs. When manually...
  7. Optical Drive does not recognize cd's to burn

Optical Drive does not recognize cd's to burn: I have a new USB Slim portable Optical Drive and it reads cd's just fine with my Windows 10 laptop, but it will not write to empty cd's. Does anyone have a solution?...
  8. computer does not recognize disk in the optical cd or dvd drives after windows 10 upgrade.

computer does not recognize disk in the optical cd or dvd drives after windows 10 upgrade.: computer shows drives are there and drives have latest drivers installed but will not recognize and cd or dvd disk in drives. Keeps asking for disk to be placed in drives even when they are already in drives. What can I do to make drives read and write disk again...
  9. Windows 10 does not recognize my second hard drive after the last update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 does not recognize my second hard drive after the last update.: I let an update go through yesterday and thought it was all done. I was working today and didn't see my "E" drive. I went to restart and noticed that shutdown included restart. I figured that would clear it up but it didn't. I can't access my storage files. Any help is...
  10. NIC not being recognized since last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NIC not being recognized since last update: I can no longer connect to the internet via my NIC in my Dell desktop after the last Windows 10 update. The router works fine and I can connect wirelessly with my Mac laptop. We have tried everything imaginable, even buying a wireless network card. Both the NIC jack on the...