Windows 10: Since the latest update, the System option in the Settings app is broken non-responsive,...

Discus and support Since the latest update, the System option in the Settings app is broken non-responsive,... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the latest update on February 11, 2020, the System option in the Settings app is broken non-responsive, does nothing when clicked. Should I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ccot, Feb 13, 2020.

1. ccot Win User

Since the latest update, the System option in the Settings app is broken non-responsive,...

Since the latest update on February 11, 2020, the System option in the Settings app is broken non-responsive, does nothing when clicked.

Should I use windows 7 instead?

It doesn't seem to have these continuous stability issues that plague windows 10.

Thanks in advance for you advice.

:)

2. meebers Win User

Mail and Calendar App non responsive

Ever since the last os update, this app is non responsive. I have 2 mail accounts setup, 1 is msn.com and the other is an outlook.com address (the main account for W10). Worked as intended before update. Now on 1511 10586.63. Here is screen shot of app. Was going to try and uninstall & then install but option is greyed out. Notice no accounts are showing under Accounts. Any suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Non response

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run system file checker scan and check the issue.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow
    I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Since the latest update, the System option in the Settings app is broken non-responsive,...

Non-responsive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Method 1.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your keyboard & mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Since the latest update, the System option in the Settings app is broken non-responsive,...

1. Since the latest update, the System option in the Settings app is broken non-responsive,... - Similar Threads - Since latest update

2. Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update: After the latest Windows update March 12, 2024—KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296, I am not able to successfully run the command `npm install` in a NodeJS project via the Terminal app. I was previously able to do this. In fact the command completes without error,...
  3. Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update: After the latest Windows update March 12, 2024—KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296, I am not able to successfully run the command `npm install` in a NodeJS project via the Terminal app. I was previously able to do this. In fact the command completes without error,...
  4. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  5. Taskbar non-responsive.

Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  6. Laptop keyboard non-responsive after system update on Lenovo Ideapad 330

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keyboard non-responsive after system update on Lenovo Ideapad 330: I was updating my mother-in-law’s Lenovo ideapad 330 to the latest Windows 10 update and after restarting, the keyboard is non-responsive after powering on. The power button will start the computer, but once on the login screen, no keys work as I try typing in her PIN. The...
  7. Latest update to the Mail and Calendar app is completely broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update to the Mail and Calendar app is completely broken?: My Calendar isn't displaying correctly. See screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/mpxaS62.png Additionally my gmail account has completely de-synced and now won't sync correctly. I can't even remove the account because the "Manage accounts" options show no accounts. Edit: Had...
  8. Edge non-responsive after Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge non-responsive after Creators Update: Edge is unresponsive after the Creators Update (opens to blank page, Home button won't work and can't even type anything in address bar). Most hamburger menu items on right work except New Window and Zoom and extensions lost. All previous settings like Home page, Save...
  9. Mail and Calendar App non responsive

Mail and Calendar App non responsive: Ever since the last os update, this app is non responsive. I have 2 mail accounts setup, 1 is msn.com and the other is an outlook.com address (the main account for W10). Worked as intended before update. Now on 1511 10586.63. Here is screen shot of app. Was going to try and...
  10. Really Slow Response Since Updating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Really Slow Response Since Updating: My system has been a flyer from the very first install of Windows 10 Pro when it originally came out (the free year). It would update automatically (very annoying notices...usually when I'm in the middle of something). Due to being annoying and I wanting to control it, I...