Windows 10: Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my...

Discus and support Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my music files on Windows Media Player. I had been told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShermDawg8350, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my...

Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my music files on Windows Media Player. I had been told Microsoft was creating a fix for that. Is that true? If so, when? I keep getting the message the file cannot be located, but I can play the songs.

:)

ShermDawg8350, Jan 12, 2019

2. Unable to burn the content to DVD on Windows 10.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in burning the content to DVD on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also Refer to the section Rip and burn CDs from:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about:
    Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 12, 2019
  3. wont burn a dvd or cd

Hi Ronnie,

We would need additional information to help us isolate the issue with Windows Media Player not burning CD or DVD. Kindly verify the following:

• Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)
    • Were you able to burn DVD and CD before?
    • Did you get an error message when you attempted to burn a CD/DVD? What was the exact error?
    • What file format were you trying to burn?
    • Which version of Windows Media Player do you use?

For the mean time, check out this article for some tips on burning a DVD or CD in Windows Media Player.

Awaiting your response.

Joanna 777, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my...

How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my...

1. Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my... - Similar Threads - Since recent updates

2. Can't burn DVDs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't burn DVDs.: I am able to burn CDs but not DVDs. I can play DVDs or CDs. The Error message says there is no disk in the drive. Trying to use DVD+RW. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-burn-dvds/64df65cd-405c-4148-8aee-ae8537eb60da
  3. burn cds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burn cds: how to burn cds when windows cannot find file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds/7a3a7367-2c9f-473a-8e8c-51a3a78d0da8"
  4. recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...: Recent updates have disabled my computer. Initially it prevented me from gaining access by changing my pin number. This has been corrected as it changed the pin to one that was never used with this computer, This has been corrected. The second problem is that it is dening me...
  5. Can't burn cds

Can't burn cds: Every time I try to burn a cd it goes thru and prepared them but when its time to write them to the disc it says writing to disc on the first one then they say complete and I get this message, Windows Media Player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the...
  6. I have been logged on with a temporary profile since update kb4284835

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have been logged on with a temporary profile since update kb4284835: I can not access mail, calendar, photos apps and I am advise a new store app is required. Have tried to uninstall & change my profile,but nothing work. Update kb4340917 was supposed to help but it has not. No access any feedback hub able to copy profile....
  7. Microsoft Edge crashing on startup since most recent windows update

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge crashing on startup since most recent windows update: Hoping you all can help me with a sticky issue here, as my google-fu is failing me. The issue: Since installing the most recent windows updates (May 2017) Certain users at my organization are reporting that Edge is crashing almost immediately after opening. No error...
  8. Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works: I can see the DVD drive go, as a DVD requires a higher intensity Laser for burning. But not the Blu-Ray drive. I guess you will have to replace one of the drives to verify it is a drive problem. DVD drives are relatively cheap any more. I see $20 DVD burner drives at...
  9. Burning dvds

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning dvds: I have a movie downloaded on my laptop. I am using win10. I put dvd into the drive. I press burn dvd, but it does nothing. Also, the page stops responding. Thanks for your help. 51395
  10. Using Windows 10 File Explorer to burn dvds

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Windows 10 File Explorer to burn dvds: I've been working with Poser for some time now. I'd like to save some of what I've created, as well as content I've downloaded (legally) that's either free or I've even paid for. If I were to burn that content off using RW discs, does File Explorer "finalize" the disc...