Windows 10: Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my...

Discus and support Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my music files on Windows Media Player. I had been told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShermDawg8350, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my...

Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my music files on Windows Media Player. I had been told Microsoft was creating a fix for that. Is that true? If so, when? I keep getting the message the file cannot be located, but I can play the songs.

:)

ShermDawg8350, Jan 12, 2019

2. Unable to burn the content to DVD on Windows 10.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in burning the content to DVD on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also Refer to the section Rip and burn CDs from:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about:
    Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 12, 2019
  3. wont burn a dvd or cd

Hi Ronnie,

We would need additional information to help us isolate the issue with Windows Media Player not burning CD or DVD. Kindly verify the following:

• Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)
    • Were you able to burn DVD and CD before?
    • Did you get an error message when you attempted to burn a CD/DVD? What was the exact error?
    • What file format were you trying to burn?
    • Which version of Windows Media Player do you use?

For the mean time, check out this article for some tips on burning a DVD or CD in Windows Media Player.

Awaiting your response.

Joanna 777, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my...

How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my...

1. Since the most recent updates for Windows 10, I have been unable to burn CDs/DVDs from my... - Similar Threads - Since recent updates

2. unable to burn cds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to burn cds.: I am trying to burn music from one cd to another. after I ripped the cd and moved to burn it, a message comes up and says window can not burn to the disc because the drive is in use wait and try later when that operation in finished. What can I do to fix this ?Thany You , Tom...
  3. unable to burn cds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to burn cds.: I am trying to burn music from one cd to another. after I ripped the cd and moved to burn it, a message comes up and says window can not burn to the disc because the drive is in use wait and try later when that operation in finished. What can I do to fix this ?Thany You , Tom...
  4. unable to burn cds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player

burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player: Can I burn CDs or DVDS using Windows DVD Player? On Windows 10 I can't burn CDs or DVDs with provided software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds-or-dvds-using-windows-dvd-player/16e14a78-467c-420b-aa9c-985b4a1afb34
  6. Unable to Burn CDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Burn CDs in Windows 10: Hi, I have a Dell Inspirion PC desktop. It suddenly refuses to burn Cds, despite it working before until now. I can't burn in both Itunes and Windows Media Player. The DVD/CD drive still works fine and picks up both DVDs and CD-Rs. When I burn a CD with Itunes, it now says...
  7. Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro

Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro: I am new to Win 10 pro. Version 1909. On Win 7, I used Roxio Creator 7 Premier. It allowed me to select, in detail, the format to use. This is important to me. At least as far as I can see, The default Win 10 pro disk writer does not allow this. If I am mistaken, I would...
  8. Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning DVDs and CDs with Format Control on Win 10 pro: I am new to Win 10 pro. Version 1909. On Win 7, I used Roxio Creator 7 Premier. It allowed me to select, in detail, the format to use. This is important to me. At least as far as I can see, The default Win 10 pro disk writer does not allow this. If I am mistaken, I would...
  9. Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs

Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs: Hello i have the error write speed too fast or too slow to burn disc, i have tried everything i can find online, i even opened the laptop up and took the driver out but i cannot see anything wrong, i have tried different software and different speeds nothing is working its...
  10. Optical drive can read any cd, can burn dvds, but cannot burn cds since Windows 10 updates

Optical drive can read any cd, can burn dvds, but cannot burn cds since Windows 10 updates: I've had this problem on and off for a long time. Windows updates, and all of a sudden, I cannot burn music CDs. It plays them, reads them, and runs programs from them with no problem, burns dvds without issue. But burning a music cd results in failure and "write error"...