Windows 10: Since the most recent Windows update, I've been getting desktop ads

Discus and support Since the most recent Windows update, I've been getting desktop ads in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since installing the most recent Windows 10 update, that which included the integrated, improved Edge browser, I have been getting near-daily ads on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rhodesmk, Jun 29, 2020.

1. rhodesmk Win User

Since the most recent Windows update, I've been getting desktop ads

Since installing the most recent Windows 10 update, that which included the integrated, improved Edge browser, I have been getting near-daily ads on my desktop, even when no apps or browsers are running. The ads so far have only been for two products...WinZip and Samsung. What setting came with this update can I change to get rid of these ads?

Here's a screen shot of my desktop with the current ad that appears about ten minutes ago:

Since the most recent Windows update, I've been getting desktop ads [​IMG]

:)

rhodesmk, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Since the most recent Windows 10 update a few days ago, I've got a couple of taskbar issues in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

If you’re referring to cumulative update then I would suggest you to uninstall the updated and check if it helps.

Step 1: Follow the steps below to uninstall the updates.

• Go to control panel, then click on Programs and Features.

• Tap on View installed updates, then find the latest updated installed.

• Right click and uninstall the update.
    If the issue persist I suggest you to perform System restore and check if it helps.

Step 2: Perform System Restore.

Since the issue occurred after an update, I suggest you to perform system restore.

Refer this section Restore from a system restore pointin
    the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Important Note: Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Elbe50 Win User
    Since the most recent Windows 10 update a few days ago, I've got a couple of taskbar issues in Windows 10

Thanks. I tried Step 1, looked at the list of recent updates and found a couple that had been installed within the past few days, but they were for recognizable programs (browser, security software) and not Windows 10 updates that would have impacted the
    task-bar.

I'll try the system restore, but then won't the problem recur when the next set of updates gets installed?

Elbe50, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Since the most recent Windows update, I've been getting desktop ads

Microsoft Edge crashing on startup since most recent windows update

Hoping you all can help me with a sticky issue here, as my google-fu is failing me.

The issue:
    Since installing the most recent windows updates (May 2017) Certain users at my organization are reporting that Edge is crashing almost immediately after opening. No error messages, the program just disappears. I've replicated the issue (so far) on four separate systems with very different hardware configurations.

I've tried the usual recommended steps to solve the problem with no success. So far I've tried:
    On command line -
    dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    sfc /scannow

I've also tried:
    - Deleting the Microsoft Edge folder in %localappdata% and reinstalling edge through powershell
    - Deleting the registry entries under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local ---Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\Children" (obviously after backing up the registry)
    - Creating a new user profile on the affected machine(s)

So far, none of these solutions have helped. I'm stumped and my desk is going to have a permanent imprint of my face soon if I don't stop beating my head against it. Any suggestions?

disposablintern, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Since the most recent Windows update, I've been getting desktop ads

1. Since the most recent Windows update, I've been getting desktop ads - Similar Threads - Since recent update

2. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Cortana
    Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the windows search bar. Also, there's this bug where on the top of the search bar it shows 5 moving dots constantly but the search bar works normally. I have done an...
  3. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the windows search bar. Also, there's this bug where on the top of the search bar it shows 5 moving dots constantly but the search bar works normally. I have done an...
  4. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I've been getting really high CPU usage recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been getting really high CPU usage recently: Are these processes normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-getting-really-high-cpu-usage-recently/a2e2c1a3-45e1-46da-ba1a-67eed5387896
  6. I've been getting really high CPU usage recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've been getting really high CPU usage recently: Are these processes normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-getting-really-high-cpu-usage-recently/a2e2c1a3-45e1-46da-ba1a-67eed5387896
  7. I've been getting really high CPU usage recently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. [HELP NEEDED] I've been getting multiple BSODs recently

[HELP NEEDED] I've been getting multiple BSODs recently: Hello,I've been getting several blue screens of death over the past few weeks. I've already tried the following with no luck, sometimes multiple times:- chkdsk /f on both my HDD and SDD- Running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool- Reseating my RAM- Updating my drivers-...
  9. I've been getting multiple BSODs recently

I've been getting multiple BSODs recently: Hello,I've been getting several blue screens of death over the past few weeks. I've already tried the following with no luck, sometimes multiple times:- chkdsk /f on both my HDD and SDD- Running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool- Reseating my RAM- Updating my drivers-...
  10. I've been getting glitches like this in some apps since this morning. Most off the apps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've been getting glitches like this in some apps since this morning. Most off the apps...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dwarfcube [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frtzkq/ive_been_getting_glitches_like_this_in_some_apps/