Windows 10: Since the Spring Update windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon on my desktop

Discus and support Since the Spring Update windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon on my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Support, since the latest Update Windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon by itself. I have a tripple screen setup with a 24''... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielWicke, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Since the Spring Update windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon on my desktop

Hello Microsoft Support,

since the latest Update Windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon by itself. I have a tripple screen setup with a 24'' screen as the main display in the middle and two 19'' screens on the sides. I arranged my desktop icons to have all my programms on the side 19'' screen and my games on my middle main screen on purpose. However since the latest update the icon for "This PC" is constantly moved from where i placed it to the main screen.

This is absolutely tilting. It stays where i left it however if i right click the desktop and choose refresh it will move to the main screen. The same happens when i reboot my PC every single time. Every other icon stays where i left it except for that one. Is there a setting Microsoft set by default with the latest update that i can change or did you guys just bring back a very annoying behaviour i haven't encountered since Windows 8.1? If so then please forward this to development team. In the end there is zero reason for this icon to be forced to the main screen at all.

Thank you very much and have a nice Sunday and week.

Daniel Wicke

:)

DanielWicke, Jun 7, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Since the Spring Update windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon on my desktop ;)

qubit, Jun 7, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 7, 2020
  4. techguy31 Win User

Since the Spring Update windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon on my desktop

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Since the Spring Update windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon on my desktop

1. Since the Spring Update windows 10 keeps moving the "This PC" icon on my desktop - Similar Threads - Since Spring Update

2. Icons keep moving in my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons keep moving in my desktop: Hello everyone!I have Windows 11, the 'auto-arrange' option is unchecked, but every time I drop a new archive onto my desktop, all the other icons shift one place, as if the new one dropped wants to reach the first position on the left, but it doesn't, and is placed where I...
  3. Icons keep moving in my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons keep moving in my desktop: Hello everyone!I have Windows 11, the 'auto-arrange' option is unchecked, but every time I drop a new archive onto my desktop, all the other icons shift one place, as if the new one dropped wants to reach the first position on the left, but it doesn't, and is placed where I...
  4. Desktop icons keep moving after turning on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons keep moving after turning on pc: Hello I have a problem with my desktop iconsI use 2 monitors and i discover it is because of that If i use only one i would not have this problemI use 2 monitors because it helps much with a work and other things on pcBut its very annoying every time my pc turn on icons just...
  5. desktop icons keep moving in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons keep moving in windows 10: Since recent update two days ago every time I turn on my PC all desktop icons are randomly rearranged. They're placed randomly all over the screens with empty spaces between them. The issue keeps persisting so it wasn't a one time thing.I have two displays, the auto...
  6. desktop icons keep moving in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icons keep moving in windows 10: Since recent update two days ago every time I turn on my PC all desktop icons are randomly rearranged. They're placed randomly all over the screens with empty spaces between them. The issue keeps persisting so it wasn't a one time thing.I have two displays, the auto...
  7. desktop icons keep moving in windows 10

8. Desktop Icon keep moving

Desktop Icon keep moving: My desktop icon keep moving and I unable to keep them still, I tried the method right- click then select desktop unable to select desktop * * [ATTACH] Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact...
  9. Desktop Icons keep moving

Desktop Icons keep moving: So this has been an ongoing problem for me for months at this point. Every time I restart or shut down my computer my desktop icons rearrange in a way that I did not set. I have gone through many of the common fixes and have had success temporarily fixing it through some...
  10. Desktop Icons Keep Moving

Desktop Icons Keep Moving: Hello, Every time my screen goes black, because it has been 15 minutes (screensaver setting) or I wake it from Sleep Mode, all of my icons are moved to the other side of the screen. I just find this really annoying to move them back to the order I had them. Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this pc icon keeps moving