Windows 10: Since the update, I've had issues with VCRuntimeMinimumx64, can't update or install certain...

Discus and support Since the update, I've had issues with VCRuntimeMinimumx64, can't update or install certain... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, first time posting here, really as a mesure of desperation. I recently began playing Valorant, and everything was going well until the update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jcduran11, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Since the update, I've had issues with VCRuntimeMinimumx64, can't update or install certain...

Hi, first time posting here, really as a mesure of desperation.

I recently began playing Valorant, and everything was going well until the update. When I updated my windows and subsequentally updated Valorant, the problem started. Turns out when I try to open the game, an update starts, and the installation package VC RUNTIMEMINIMUM X64, cant be found in my computer, even when I had the 2015-2019 c++ redistributable files. I tried uninstalling and installing them, updating my computer again, even some installation of .NET stuf in the visuals installer. NOTHING WORKS. I'm kind of going crazy trying to find information but I cant find anything useful.

Really anything or any solutions that might work would be amazing, gaming is my way to blow off steam after working 10 hours a day, and not being able to do it gets me down. Please help me.

submitted by /u/jcduran11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jcduran11, Sep 3, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 3, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Mozilla Firefox 3 Updated to 3.0.1

Mozilla has released an update for their Firefox 3 web-browser. The update brings. Changes as condensed in the Release notes include:
    A list of security issues fixed is issued here.

Current Firefox 3 users will be automatically updated.

Source: Mozilla

btarunr, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Walo71a Win User

Since the update, I've had issues with VCRuntimeMinimumx64, can't update or install certain...

Update KB4550961 couldn´t be installed

Hi! I´ve tried hard to install KB 4550961 unsuccessfully. Even run this or that in order to correct whatever the problem might be.

However, after restart it appears “Updates couldn’t be installed” on the screen. Running Scannow and Restorehealth as Administrator didn´t work either.

I´ve also gone step by step thru “Fix Windows Update errors” steps 1 to 5. I´m reluctant to follow Step 6 Reset or Reinstall Windows – Refresh is not included - because I´m afraid I might loss some stuff important, though I created
    a restoration point and a USB recovery drive, just in case.

Walo71a, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Since the update, I've had issues with VCRuntimeMinimumx64, can't update or install certain...

1. Since the update, I've had issues with VCRuntimeMinimumx64, can't update or install certain... - Similar Threads - Since update I've

2. I've had a charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've had a charge: I've had a charge for £45.92 come out my account twice in the last 2 months, checked all of my email accounts and cannot see any subscriptions etc anyone know what this charge is for and how to cancel it?...
  3. Desktop issues since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop issues since update: Out of no where, several of my desktop files have small brown boxes in the corner and I can't open the files on the C drive. When I try to open them, I get a message saying, "the file name is invalid" or "can't open". Since the update, my desktop and half of my files are...
  4. Desktop issues since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop issues since update: Out of no where, several of my desktop files have small brown boxes in the corner and I can't open the files on the C drive. When I try to open them, I get a message saying, "the file name is invalid" or "can't open". Since the update, my desktop and half of my files are...
  5. Unable to install certain updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install certain updates: I'm unsure whether specific updates have been installed or otherwise, but it seems to be the case, according to the update history. However, the system still requires updates that it cannot install. On boot, after a restart, it takes its time to get around to 90%, then...
  6. Certain keys not working since Windows Update

Certain keys not working since Windows Update: Since I updated to the 20H2 version, my laptop has been having issues with some keys g, h, shift, ", 7. Microsoft forced me to update and the problem started. It was working fine before the update. It is not a keyboard or hardware issue. I also hear a process running in...
  7. Updating to a update that I've already installed

Updating to a update that I've already installed: What happens if i download an update I've already updated to like the Windows 1909 update which i installed on Intel drivers and Support Assistant....
  8. Internet Issues Since Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Issues Since Update: Whenever I go to the internet after a few minutes the screen goes black and then comes back to life. Is anyone else having these issues. I used to have this issue about two years ago but an update fixed it but it is now back again....
  9. No updates installed since version 1709 update...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No updates installed since version 1709 update...: I have been checking my updates and there is nothing since my PC was undated to version 1709... Seems odd it's been 5 days and every time I check it says computer is up to date... Have there been any updates added to your PC in the last five days... Just wondering if there...
  10. Win10 not updated since installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 not updated since installation: I have two eMachines e528 laptops with identical software and hardware setups. Both have performed reliably for 5 years. Win 10 installed in both with 10.0.10240 build 10240 in October 2015. Current level remains build 10240. No update since install. However other updates...