Windows 10: Since the Windows 10 May update can no longer uninstall programs, just stuck in a loop

Discus and support Since the Windows 10 May update can no longer uninstall programs, just stuck in a loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So this all started with trying to uninstall Gigabytes useless App Center software and now it seems everything i've tried to uninstall since. Getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulPerryman, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Since the Windows 10 May update can no longer uninstall programs, just stuck in a loop

So this all started with trying to uninstall Gigabytes useless App Center software and now it seems everything i've tried to uninstall since.

Getting errors on almost every single attempt to uninstall a program
    " An Error occured trying to uninstall <insert prgram name> it may have already been uninstalled, would you like to remove the program from the list"

If click no it just closes obviously, if click yes it opens the usual uninstaller/installer thing then just closes and nothing changes.

Tried manually removing the programs via registry fixes but they are still there and still error. Reinstalling just adds an aditional instance of the program

Rolling back is not an option as have since removed that backup, leaving only a complete refresh and that;s a pain with all the things i have installed (mainly Plex media meta database)

The MS Uninstall/Installer debugger program trued and said it fixed the issues but nothing changed

:)

PaulPerryman, Jun 23, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Since the Windows 10 May update can no longer uninstall programs, just stuck in a loop

Stuck in update loop

These are the only three devices with warning triangles. The PS/2 keyboard and mouse were listed before. The JMB 36X is new.

Since the Windows 10 May update can no longer uninstall programs, just stuck in a loop [​IMG]

Birdieman50, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Since the Windows 10 May update can no longer uninstall programs, just stuck in a loop

1. Since the Windows 10 May update can no longer uninstall programs, just stuck in a loop - Similar Threads - Since May update

2. Windows 10 update STUCK in LOOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update STUCK in LOOP: Trying to do system update, as notified by microsoft, for hours now. Software is stuck in a loop saying “please wait” followed by “please wait while we install systen update” then black screen only to cycle though the same. Have tried removing battery, draining off residual...
  3. Program uninstalled but stuck on the program list

Program uninstalled but stuck on the program list: If anything can go wrong it will. Is there a way to fox half-done uninstalls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-uninstalled-but-stuck-on-the-program-list/9bc2bf97-db32-49cf-afaa-e935400e3483
  4. Win10 in an update/unable to update loop since May

Win10 in an update/unable to update loop since May: Hello all, I have Win10, upgraded from Win7 during Microsoft's promotion years ago. I only use it a few times a year. Back in May 2020, it tried to update. It went through the 30% of upgrade installed, rebooted, then spent a while on the rest of the update. Once it was...
  5. can no longer resize windows since update

in Windows 10 Support
    can no longer resize windows since update: Hello. This is my first time asking a question. My Windows 10 Home, version 1903, updated automatically on Sept. 29. Everything seems different, and I am gradually figuring it out. (Is there a tutorial anywhere?) What really bothers me is that I can no longer resize...
  6. May 2020 Updates to Windows 10 can no longer install MSI files

May 2020 Updates to Windows 10 can no longer install MSI files: Although i havent been able to limit the issue to a specific update. Shortly after our clients got last months updates we started getting issues come in where MSI files pushed by SCCM or even installed interactively would no longer install. Installs known to be effected at...
  7. Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Since updating to Windows May 2019 Update (1903), 'hibernate' no longer works.: The screen will go black, but the laptop does not shut off. If I wiggle the mouse, the lock screen appears. Another thing odd is, when I pick hibernate from the power menu, the screen goes blue for a moment with the word 'Locking...' in the center...not sure if that means...
  8. Windows 10 update stuck in a loop

Windows 10 update stuck in a loop: Turned my laptop on today and got the "Hi we have some updates for your PC" and now it is stuck doing that screen... this might take several minutes. Well it has been doing this for about 2 hours. How do I get to my desktop? And what steps do I need to take to see if the...
  9. Windows 10 update stuck in a loop

Windows 10 update stuck in a loop: Turned my laptop on today and got the "Hi we have some updates for your PC" and now it is stuck doing that screen... this might take several minutes blah, blah blah. Well it has been doing this for about 2 hours. How do I get to my desktop? And what steps do I need to take to...
  10. Windows 10 in automatic repair loop since uninstalling avast

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 in automatic repair loop since uninstalling avast: Hi All, Hope I'm posting this in the right place. I upgraded my desktop pc from windows 7 to windows 10 a few weeks ago. not ha any issues but turned it on this morning and it said 'start menu and Cortana aren't working'. Googled this issue and came across a few sites...