Windows 10: Since this computer updated a couple of days ago, I can't open attachments on my gmail...

Discus and support Since this computer updated a couple of days ago, I can't open attachments on my gmail... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since my computer updated a couple of days ago, I can no longer open attachments on my Gmail messages or open when the message says "read more." How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GrammyMartha, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Since this computer updated a couple of days ago, I can't open attachments on my gmail...

Since my computer updated a couple of days ago, I can no longer open attachments on my Gmail messages or open when the message says "read more." How can I fix this?

:)

GrammyMartha, Dec 17, 2020

2. Opening an attachment from Gmail on a 5800?

The Gmail app doesn't allow you to download attachments. I suggest using Nokia Messaging instead, or opening Gmail in the browser when you get an attachment.

sockatume---01, Dec 17, 2020
  3. gmail attachments

When I try to download and open a gmail attachment, I mostly get the message "Download didn't complete. Try again". This happens for jpg files (even very small ones, just a few KB) and pdf files. Trying again doesn't help. BTW I have the Adobe Reader app
    but it doesn't help opening pdf attachments.

I have an HTC Surround with AT&T. Any suggestions?

urr_qasdim, Dec 17, 2020
  4. sgtpokey Win User

Since this computer updated a couple of days ago, I can't open attachments on my gmail...

gmail attachments

Regarding reroducing the issue:

What seems to cause the bug 100% of the time for me is the following:

1) Take a photo using an Apple 3gs iPhone (on US AT&T network, San Francisco Bay Area)

2) email that photo using apple's iOS to a gmail account.

3) try to open the attachment in gmail using win 7 phone. Note that the download link never resolves

4) try to open the attachment in gmail using iPhone or other smartphone's gmail client. Note that the attachment sucessfully downloads.

sgtpokey, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Since this computer updated a couple of days ago, I can't open attachments on my gmail...

1. Since this computer updated a couple of days ago, I can't open attachments on my gmail... - Similar Threads - Since computer updated

2. I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER???...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER???...: I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I have had NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER. Sign in does not work anymore, it autofills with all 7s and will not change or let me use the right password?? I tried use bitlocker it autofills with 7s, or sometimes i can enter some...
  3. I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER???...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER???...: I updated my computer a couple of days ago, since then I have had NO ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER. Sign in does not work anymore, it autofills with all 7s and will not change or let me use the right password?? I tried use bitlocker it autofills with 7s, or sometimes i can enter some...
  4. Can't attach an open Microsoft file in Gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't attach an open Microsoft file in Gmail: I am using Windows 11I have tried this using Google Chrome and Microsoft edge with the same result.All of a sudden if I attach a word or excel document to my Gmail it will not attach it unless I close the file.This has never been an issue before and it not productive if I...
  5. Can't attach an open Microsoft file in Gmail

Can't attach an open Microsoft file in Gmail: I am using Windows 11I have tried this using Google Chrome and Microsoft edge with the same result.All of a sudden if I attach a word or excel document to my Gmail it will not attach it unless I close the file.This has never been an issue before and it not productive if I...
  6. getting lots of crashes since BSOD a couple days ago, please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting lots of crashes since BSOD a couple days ago, please help: initial crash seems to be something to do with memory corruption:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎6/‎17/‎2021 7:58 PMStatusReport sentProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 1aParameter 1: 41792Parameter 2: ffffaf80000362e0Parameter 3:...
  7. my edge changed a couple of days ago when i opened my computer and now I can not find my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my edge changed a couple of days ago when i opened my computer and now I can not find my...: my edge changed a couple of days ago when i opened my computer and now I can not find my old favorites and history, why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-edge-changed-a-couple-of-days-ago-when-i-opened/19693d8a-c52f-4c0e-a6a0-af2f67cc7f3f
  8. update 2 days ago killed gmail sending and receiving

update 2 days ago killed gmail sending and receiving: How can I fix what the latest update did when it stopped gmail from working on my laptop, windows 10 computer? I went through and tried updating again today followed your steps here.....
  9. Display driver repeatedly crashing as of a couple of days ago. Update issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display driver repeatedly crashing as of a couple of days ago. Update issue?: This only seems to happen while browsing the internet, I can game just fine. Has anyone else experienced this? I checked the date on my display drivers and it doesn't correlate with this issue popping up so I'm thinking it has something to do with windows interaction with my...
  10. Sluggish laptop since a couple of days

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish laptop since a couple of days: In a matter of weeks, both my laptops have become slow. First, my Z20t that became completely unworkable and had to reinstall it. And now my X220T is experiencing similar problems. Not as bad as the Z20t (I'm sure it helps that it has an i5 instead of an m5 CPU), but I can...