Windows 10: Since update 1803, windows key plus X does not work

Discus and support Since update 1803, windows key plus X does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am scare updating Windows, since update 1803 a few days ago, now the Windows key and X dont work. If I press that combination, I get a menu on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by italex33, Dec 13, 2018.

1. italex33 Win User

Since update 1803, windows key plus X does not work

I am scare updating Windows, since update 1803 a few days ago, now the Windows key and X dont work. If I press that combination, I get a menu on the start button, the shutdown option is one of them, the upper case S for sleep is suppose to put the computer in sleep mode, that is not working, instead I get the stupid cortana menu.

My question is: how can I fix this?

Come on Windows people, you guy fix one thing I guess, and break many more.

I just reinstalled Windows because I had the famous problem that you right click and cannot create folder.

By the way, I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

:)

italex33, Dec 13, 2018
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Equals Key Wont Work

We suggest that you update the keyboard driver. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Dec 13, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 10 April 2018 Update (build 1803)

Any Office365 users here? Does Outlook (or any Office app for that matter) request activation after each system restart post this Windows 1803 update?

btarunr, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Since update 1803, windows key plus X does not work - Similar Threads - Since update 1803

2. Headset microphone does not work since windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone does not work since windows update: Hi,Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or can help us figure this problem out?A windows update within the last week has prevented a microphone on a headset working on my PC. The inbuilt microphone works. Uninstalling the recent updates did not work, but...
  3. Headset microphone does not work since windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset microphone does not work since windows update: Hi,Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or can help us figure this problem out?A windows update within the last week has prevented a microphone on a headset working on my PC. The inbuilt microphone works. Uninstalling the recent updates did not work, but...
  4. Certain keys not working since Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Certain keys not working since Windows Update: Since I updated to the 20H2 version, my laptop has been having issues with some keys g, h, shift, ", 7. Microsoft forced me to update and the problem started. It was working fine before the update. It is not a keyboard or hardware issue. I also hear a process running in...
  5. Update Windows 10 1803 x 86 FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update Windows 10 1803 x 86 FAILURE: Update failure for Windows 10 version1803 x86 2019 - O6C. As a result my laptop responds very slowly, what can I do to fix this issue ? HELP ME PLEASE???...
  6. Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update

Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update: Hi, Before 1803 update I never had any freezing problem. But after that laptop started to freeze randomly, usually after working a few hours. Then I could not reset it and sent it to the service. They could not find any problem but reset the laptop (formatted) to version...
  7. WinKey+L key does not work on Build 1803.

in Windows 10 Support
    WinKey+L key does not work on Build 1803.: Hi - Using W10 Pro x64: I noticed when I had to fully restore a system that the WinKey+L key combination does not work. Took a look on Google but no luck. The WinKey is not working with a few other shortcuts as well. Very strange. Any assistance appreciated! TIA *Sleepy...
  8. Bluetooth headphones controls don't work since Windows update 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones controls don't work since Windows update 1803: Hi, as the title says it, the bluetooth headphones play/pause previous/next controls don't work anymore since update 1803 in many audio and video players (VLC, MPC-HC...). An Administrator from MPC-HC made me try several fixing, none of them worked. I found this on VLC's...
  9. Since update 1803, microphone doesn't work on pc

Since update 1803, microphone doesn't work on pc: Since I made the 1803 update on my PC, my microphone on my laptop hasn't worked. I've manually confirmed that the microphone is not working. The screen capture below confirms that the 1803 update also updated microphone's driver. I'm also not able to update the driver....
  10. windows button does not work since update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows button does not work since update.: Ever since the update installed I can't use the windows button to exit game. I use steam, playing Alan Wake I could use the windows button to get to my desktop, but now it does nothing. To exit the game I have to hold down the power button for a complete reboot. esc. does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows x does not work windows 10