Windows 10: Since update, camera not functioning

Discus and support Since update, camera not functioning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the new update, Google Duo is not functioning the same. Camera view of myself is not being viewed by the person I called. I can view them but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Doug102, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Doug102 Win User

Since update, camera not functioning

Since the new update, Google Duo is not functioning the same. Camera view of myself is not being viewed by the person I called. I can view them but they can't view me. I don't want to uninstall the last 2 updates. Should I.?

:)

Doug102, Apr 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Since update, camera not functioning

Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Since update, camera not functioning

1. Since update, camera not functioning - Similar Threads - Since update camera

2. Camera not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not functioning: Hi, I am getting 0xA00F4292 error while accessing the camera .Could you please solve this asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-functioning/b04d1590-35b1-465e-97be-931ba712b753
  3. Camera not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not functioning: Hi, I am getting 0xA00F4292 error while accessing the camera .Could you please solve this asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-functioning/b04d1590-35b1-465e-97be-931ba712b753
  4. Camera function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera function: My camera app shows grey without my face or anything. Last night the camera app is working perfectly but now I cant see my face. I have Lenovo laptop and I turn on the camera and check properly the lens. All is good but I cant see myself. Check if there is a settings I need...
  5. Camera function

Camera function: My camera app shows grey without my face or anything. Last night the camera app is working perfectly but now I cant see my face. I have Lenovo laptop and I turn on the camera and check properly the lens. All is good but I cant see myself. Check if there is a settings I need...
  6. Camera not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not functioning: Hi Everyone, my camera is not being shown in device manager can anyone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-functioning/91ff2bc8-1bba-40fd-838e-ced870e27b7e
  7. Camera not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not functioning: Camera can be switched on but cannot function with Skype or with any webinar program eg Zoom or any chat programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-functioning/de162191-f84d-4710-a471-f21e8d7542cb
  8. camera is not functioning

in Cortana
    camera is not functioning: Camera is not working THE Error code seen here is 0xA00F4244 . help me solving this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-functioning/45ccc739-da47-45bb-a58a-5e27a93569c4"
  9. Camera not functional

Camera not functional: Hi Team My camera is showing a blank screen when I press the icon. I have a MCAFEE anti virus on my HP laptop. Kindly tell me how can it be sorted. Regards...
  10. Windows Hello function broken since update?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello function broken since update?: Does anyone have a solution to fix this since the creators update 1803 as now my finger scan is not accepted and choose to use a pin to log in is not available? [img] 110297