Windows 10: Since updating to 1909, no longer getting notifications for Gmail in Mail

Discus and support Since updating to 1909, no longer getting notifications for Gmail in Mail in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated to 1909 just over a week ago, and I'm not getting new mail notifications from Mail for my two Gmail accounts. I'm still getting notifications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fuzzynavelsniffer, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Since updating to 1909, no longer getting notifications for Gmail in Mail

I updated to 1909 just over a week ago, and I'm not getting new mail notifications from Mail for my two Gmail accounts. I'm still getting notifications for my one Hotmail account though.

If I open the Mail app, it instantly shows a notification for new mails in both Gmail accounts. Just not when the app isn't running. I can send and receive from both Gmail accounts in the Mail app perfectly fine.

When I first installed 1909, the Mail app forced me to re-authenticate both of my Gmail accounts so I suspect that might have something to do with it.

In the Mail settings, both Gmail accounts have the "Gmail sync settings" set to download "as items arrive" (same as the Hotmail account).

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/fuzzynavelsniffer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fuzzynavelsniffer, Nov 24, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Grouped Mail Accounts No Longer Have Notifications, Accounts Shown as 'via Outlook Calendar' on Notifications & Actions

Installed Software and Versions

• Hardware: Alcatel Idol 4S
    • Windows 10 Mobile OS Build: 10.0.15063.297
    • Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar 17.8126.42378.0

After updating to the Windows 10 Mobile OS build above, all of my mail accounts (setup for Outlook, Gmail, and Exchange) no longer show a notification at all in the Notifications screen. They used to show up in the group for Outlook Mail, but now they show
    up in Notifications & Actions (where you can toggle notifications on and off) as something like 'Gmail (via Oultook Calendar)'. However, Gmail only has it set to sync e-mail, not calendar. There is still an Outlook Mail notification item, but nothing is being
    shown in there.

Christian Almazan, Nov 24, 2019
  4. shmu26 Win User

Since updating to 1909, no longer getting notifications for Gmail in Mail

Mail not showing notifications

I am not getting toast or action center notifications for Mail app, although in the Mail app settings, I have notifications enabled.
    In Windows settings, "notifications & actions", both the mail app and the calendar app are missing from the list.
    I have not set up the calendar app, but I did set up the mail app with my gmail account, and aside from notifications, it seems to be working properly.

win10 pro x64 Creators Update

shmu26, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Since updating to 1909, no longer getting notifications for Gmail in Mail

1. Since updating to 1909, no longer getting notifications for Gmail in Mail - Similar Threads - Since updating 1909

2. I can't get notifications since a Chrome update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get notifications since a Chrome update: On Saturday, Chrome updated itself. Since then, I no longer receive any notifications in the notification center. For example, sites like Facebook and YouTube always sent notifications, and no longer do. In YouTube, the button to receive notifications in Chrome toggles itself...
  3. Mail app not get mail or sending mail since last update

Mail app not get mail or sending mail since last update: hello, mail app no longer sends or receives mail since the last win 10 update or maill app update on the 9/10,please can a mod staff member pass this on as answers is getting flooded with people with the issue, cant even add and sync new accountsmany thanks in advancealso...
  4. No longer getting YouTube notification mails

in Browsers and Email
    No longer getting YouTube notification mails: Title of the thread basically. Since past 3 days I have stopped getting the mails from YouTube from the channels I have subbed to and new content is posted. I did check this link but no help https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7123737?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=9257110 I...
  5. notification of gmail and or aol mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    notification of gmail and or aol mail: Is it possible to get notifications when emails on my gmail and aol accounts aarive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-of-gmail-and-or-aol-mail/a0297083-cb6c-4d20-95aa-4abe98184079
  6. kb4477137 mail no longer syncs since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb4477137 mail no longer syncs since update: after this update I can no longer edit send or receive gmail through mail, I tried various fixes, I am unable to uninstall the app, there is no option, I am unable to uninstall the update again there is no option My user is administrator....
  7. Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update: Hi, ever since a recent update my system notification button in the tray has been malfunctioning. They seem to accumulate there - I see the little blue circle with a number to indicate how many notifications there should be - but when I click to see the notifications from the...
  8. GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    GMail account no longer works in Windows Mail app: Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803 Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018 Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to...
  9. Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications in tray and Mail app malfunctioning since recent update: Hi, ever since a recent update my system notification button in the tray has been malfunctioning. They seem to accumulate there - I see the little blue circle with a number to indicate how many notifications there should be - but when I click to see the notifications from the...
  10. Mail no longer displays Gmail account, but seems to recognize it.

Mail no longer displays Gmail account, but seems to recognize it.: I did Windows Update 13 July 2018. Today the Mail app no longer displays my gmail account. Windows LIve account is visible but not gmail. I tried removing and then adding Gmail account again but Gmail still does not show up on the accounts list. I can log into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail not working since windows 10 1909 update installed