Windows 10: Since updating to the May update this morning, I can't change my laptop's display...

Discus and support Since updating to the May update this morning, I can't change my laptop's display... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my HP Omen 15-DC0051nr, I can't change the brightness of my display anymore once I updated. The keyboard buttons do nothing, and all of the sliders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThomasRusch, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Since updating to the May update this morning, I can't change my laptop's display...

On my HP Omen 15-DC0051nr, I can't change the brightness of my display anymore once I updated. The keyboard buttons do nothing, and all of the sliders on the OS have disappeared. In addition, the toggle for Night Light mode still appears, but does nothing. The computer doesn't even seem to know that that feature isn't working. Since updating to the May update this morning, I can't change my laptop's display... 6a8aec4d-b488-4982-b04b-9a393f27eca8?upload=true.jpg

:)

ThomasRusch, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Jun 12, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 12, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Since updating to the May update this morning, I can't change my laptop's display...

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Since updating to the May update this morning, I can't change my laptop's display...

1. Since updating to the May update this morning, I can't change my laptop's display... - Similar Threads - Since updating May

2. Since this morning after update my taskbar is remaining black. I can't get access to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since this morning after update my taskbar is remaining black. I can't get access to...: Since this morning after update my taskbar is remaining black. I am not able to access to.my settings. What could be the issue. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-this-morning-after-update-my-taskbar-is/256e839a-91a7-40b8-886c-819615ae8f52
  3. Since this morning after update my taskbar is remaining black. I can't get access to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since this morning after update my taskbar is remaining black. I can't get access to...: Since this morning after update my taskbar is remaining black. I am not able to access to.my settings. What could be the issue. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-this-morning-after-update-my-taskbar-is/256e839a-91a7-40b8-886c-819615ae8f52
  4. Since this morning after update my taskbar is remaining black. I can't get access to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win10 in an update/unable to update loop since May

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 in an update/unable to update loop since May: Hello all, I have Win10, upgraded from Win7 during Microsoft's promotion years ago. I only use it a few times a year. Back in May 2020, it tried to update. It went through the 30% of upgrade installed, rebooted, then spent a while on the rest of the update. Once it was...
  6. Display has changed radically since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display has changed radically since latest update: This is a screenshot of what the text on my screen looks like now - as though it's not got enough pixels in it, somehow![ATTACH] The letters seem to be randomly thin and thick, bold and not, really weird. This isn't the way it's meant to be, it's the same on my own site...
  7. no Updates for since May 4 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no Updates for since May 4 2019: Hello, I've been noticing there is no updates every day since May 4, 2019. I check it every day, maybe not on weekends. Now I'm getting worried why is this happening, can you help me with this situation. I do not see anything wrong except for this. this is a new desktop...
  8. Morning update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Morning update: My computer updated this morning and now I'm having trouble with everything related to facebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/morning-update/6e874666-0380-49d8-ac7b-e1cdfedef699
  9. 1920x1080 not available since major update this morning

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1920x1080 not available since major update this morning: My Windows 10 updated and now my monitor's native resolution 1920x1080 is no longer available. My monitor is now stuck at 1600x1200! I had 1920x1080 before the update and now I have no way of returning it to 1920x1080! 1920x1080 is not even listed as a valid mode! My...
  10. Problem since May 8 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem since May 8 Update: My wife has an older Toshiba laptop with 64 AMD processor. It has a Crucial SSD BX200. We had no end of problem back in January with the KB4056892 update. At that time, I did a clean install of Win 10 Home that eliminated the troublesome update. Since then it has worked fine....