Windows 10: since updating to windows 10 my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans.

Discus and support since updating to windows 10 my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; since updating to window 10 latest version my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans. I have uninstalled then reinstalled still no joy, don,t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alec Ruttley, Jun 30, 2020.

1. since updating to windows 10 my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans.

since updating to window 10 latest version my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans. I have uninstalled then reinstalled still no joy, don,t wont have to purchase a new printer, Any advise.

:)

Alec Ruttley, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 30, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

since updating to windows 10 my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 30, 2020
  4. d3im Win User

since updating to windows 10 my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans.

Win10 print problem - Brother DCP-330C scanning but not printing

On friends Windows 10 having suddenly (yesterday) problem with printing on Brother DCP-330C multifunction.
    Windows sees printer online and is set to default.
    Scanning works fine. It's connected via USB.
    Printer works fine on another PC, so printer is OK.
    Brother software sees printer offline but is able to initiate scan.
    Tried reboot PC, another USB port, reboot printer, uninstall/reinstall - nothing helped for this PC.
    Print job can be seen in print queue it says "printing" and after a while it disappears - no error reports but nothing more happens.
    Is there a way how to completely remove all drivers/history of installed printer to start on greenfield?
    Don't know what happened - there was no change in system (don't know if there was any update of win)
    Printer uses driver provided by Windows 10 (manufacturer does not provide separate driver for win 10)
    Thanks in advance.

Thema:

since updating to windows 10 my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans.

1. since updating to windows 10 my brother printer doesn't print but it still scans. - Similar Threads - since updating brother

2. printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...: I have tried re-installing brother driver software, resetting setup, and many other suggestions, why is it Microsoft don't have a work around or a patch to resolve this issue, it is clearly a result of the Windows update?Steve "O"...
  3. printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer, since updating the latest windows update my brother WIFI printer is no longer...: I have tried re-installing brother driver software, resetting setup, and many other suggestions, why is it Microsoft don't have a work around or a patch to resolve this issue, it is clearly a result of the Windows update?Steve "O"...
  4. My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, my Brother printer MFC-L8850 CDW will no longer scan using Windows 11. When I contacted Brother, they said the issues was with Windows and not Brother. Has anyone else had this similar issue? When reviewing the Brother website, they are not...
  5. My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Brother printer no longer will scan wirelessly since upgrading to Windows 11: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, my Brother printer MFC-L8850 CDW will no longer scan using Windows 11. When I contacted Brother, they said the issues was with Windows and not Brother. Has anyone else had this similar issue? When reviewing the Brother website, they are not...
  6. Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates

Brother MFC-465CN printer is not printing since updates: Hopefully, someone will be able to help me. Ever since the 6/2020 Microsoft updates, I have not been able to print from my computer. I have Windows 10 version 1909. I can scan and copy just fine, but cannot print anything. My Brother printer MFC-465CN is not listed in the...
  7. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  8. Brother printer not printing

Brother printer not printing: My Brother printer MFC5890CN has stopped printing following the latest windows 10 updates. The printer works perfectly from another windows 10 laptop but not from my Dell PC. I have tried rolling back the update and re-installing the brother drivers from the Brother site to...
  9. My brothers printer unable to print after windows update\.

My brothers printer unable to print after windows update\.: My brothers printer was working ok suddenly stop printing. I have uninstalled and re installed the Brothers program 2 or 3 times and also the drivers. still. nothing. I read that after a windows update it has happened to a few printers. Is there anything that I can do? I do...
  10. Hp printer prints but doesn't scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hp printer prints but doesn't scan: My Hp printer prints any file, photo, but doesn't scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-prints-but-doesnt-scan/4836ff7f-2d31-4c5e-844b-ca612cd81524