Windows 10: Since upgrading SSD, Windows can't see my scanner

Discus and support Since upgrading SSD, Windows can't see my scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Since I recently upgraded my SSD C drive, Windows can't see that my Canon MP270 Printer/Scanner is a scanner. It prints fine, and correctly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tallonius, Nov 17, 2020.

1. tallonius Win User

Since upgrading SSD, Windows can't see my scanner

Hi,

Since I recently upgraded my SSD C drive, Windows can't see that my Canon MP270 Printer/Scanner is a scanner.

It prints fine, and correctly recognises that the printer is an MP270. I have updated to the latest printer drivers from Canon but they made no difference

The fact that it prints fine means the cables are connected properly, so it seems that it's a Windows issue.

What else can I do to fix this?

Thanks.
    Windows version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572 )

:)

tallonius, Nov 17, 2020

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Nov 17, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Since upgrading SSD, Windows can't see my scanner :cool:

jmcslob, Nov 17, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Since upgrading SSD, Windows can't see my scanner - Similar Threads - Since upgrading SSD

2. Upgrading my ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading my ssd: Hi,so i have a windows license when i bought my device and when i checked the license its OEM_DMi want to upgrade my ssd from 255 gb to a something largeri was wondering if i transferred my data from the ssd i have to the new one would i lose my license?...
  3. Upgrading my ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading my ssd: Hi,so i have a windows license when i bought my device and when i checked the license its OEM_DMi want to upgrade my ssd from 255 gb to a something largeri was wondering if i transferred my data from the ssd i have to the new one would i lose my license?...
  4. Upgrading my ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The pc cannot see the scanner.

The pc cannot see the scanner.: HiI have a Windows 11 machine where the software is up to date. It is attached wirelessly to a HP 5032 printer scanner. The pc cannot see the scanner. How is this problem to be resolved? Best RegardsPaul...
  6. The pc cannot see the scanner.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The pc cannot see the scanner.: HiI have a Windows 11 machine where the software is up to date. It is attached wirelessly to a HP 5032 printer scanner. The pc cannot see the scanner. How is this problem to be resolved? Best RegardsPaul...
  7. Epson ff-680w scanner can't see folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson ff-680w scanner can't see folders: For some reason, the Epson Fast Foto ff-680w scanner software can no longer see any option other than my desktop as a location to view or store photos. This was not the case before today. Not sure what changed and why it doesn't work. I have made sure folders are shared,...
  8. Epson ff-680w scanner can't see folders

Epson ff-680w scanner can't see folders: For some reason, the Epson Fast Foto ff-680w scanner software can no longer see any option other than my desktop as a location to view or store photos. This was not the case before today. Not sure what changed and why it doesn't work. I have made sure folders are shared,...
  9. Problems with scanner since Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with scanner since Windows 10 Update: I recently did a Windows 10 update & now I cannot get my HP e-Photosmart all-in-one 7520 printer to scan & the icon is gone off of my desktop. How do I get my scanner on my printer to work again?...
  10. Windows 7 to Windows 10, can't see upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 to Windows 10, can't see upgrade?: I've installed all the updates for Windows 7 on my test machine to this point and I wanted to test Windows 10 on my "test" Toshiba laptop. The only problem is I do not get the reserve icon and I can't download the preview? Any advice? 8307