Windows 10: since upgrading to creator constant usb unplug and plug in noise???

Discus and support since upgrading to creator constant usb unplug and plug in noise??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Driving me nuts USB suspend is disabled but i keep getting the noise as if something is unplugging and plugin back in and its driving me bonkers here,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tonyb, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Tonyb Win User

since upgrading to creator constant usb unplug and plug in noise???

Driving me nuts USB suspend is disabled but i keep getting the noise as if something is unplugging and plugin back in and its driving me bonkers here, is there a log or something or a tool i can use to find out what the heck is disconnecting and reconnecting???.

:)

Tonyb, Apr 27, 2017
  2. schmak Win User

Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

Since the creator's update, I have had a constant issue. I am running a Lenovo Helix, which has a high DPI 1080p screen. I keep the resolution on it at 100%, when docked via the Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock I have 2 1080p, 24" Dell monitors connected through DVI.
    When docked the icon scaling is fine, everything is at 100%. As soon as I unplug the USB, and IF my lid is closed (I do not have the laptop configured to sleep when closed) the default scaling immediately goes to 150%. Plugging back into the USB fixes it
    until I unplug again. When I go into settings, it says 100%, so I have to set it to something else, then back down to 100% to get it to correct.

Seeing if anyone else has this issue since the creator's update and has a fix. One of my employees has a Surface 3 that appears to be doing the same thing when undocked.

I can provide any information needed as for logs and screenshots.

schmak, Apr 27, 2017
  3. USB power surge notification when plugging in USB devices

I have a HPz840 and whenever I plug in my iPhone there is a constant, and annoying, USB power surge notification. Now the Hp Z840 has a specific USB port (top) on the front of the case to charge phones with. I have unplugged all external USB connections,
    but it still appears and even when unplugged the notifications constantly appear until restart. Ideas?

Original title: USB power surge Windows 10

AliWalker007, Apr 27, 2017
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Lots of problems with drivers in the CU.
    Look in your Device Manager and see if you find any unknown or problem devices.

5. Tonyb Win User
    nothing show bad or anything in there all looks a ok.

Tonyb, Apr 27, 2017
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    The next thing to do would be to try and isolate which USB device is being detected.
    You can disconnect all USB devices and then add them back one at a time, waiting long enough between to test, or disconnect them one at a time.

One of my systems does something similar - the USB device connect/disconnect sound - every time I come out of Sleep Mode. I discovered it was my wireless transceiver for my mouse. I have not found a solution for that.

7. Tonyb Win User
    huh i will try this most of my stuff is wired, however i do have a usb 3.0 Seagate backup driver could it be possible that, going to sleep and then waking up?

Tonyb, Apr 27, 2017
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Possible.
    That's why you test.

9. Tonyb Win User
Thema:

1. since upgrading to creator constant usb unplug and plug in noise??? - Similar Threads - since upgrading creator

2. USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in: Hola,No funciona correctamente el plug and play con mi telcadoNormalmente los dispositivos USB son "Plug & Play", debería conectarse si se desconecta y se enchufa, pero no fue así. El teclado funciona, así que intente reiniciar la máquina con el teclado ya conectado. En ese...
  3. Random usb plug and unplug sounds

Random usb plug and unplug sounds: Hi, recently there have been some random usb plug/unplug sounds in my pc and when i check with usbdeview, i find this unknown usb device sometimes keeps connect then disconnect for like 5 seconds then completely disconnect. I wanna know how to fix this, ty for any help.Here...
  4. Random usb plug and unplug sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random usb plug and unplug sounds: Hi, recently there have been some random usb plug/unplug sounds in my pc and when i check with usbdeview, i find this unknown usb device sometimes keeps connect then disconnect for like 5 seconds then completely disconnect. I wanna know how to fix this, ty for any help.Here...
  5. Random usb plug and unplug sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  7. Constant Crashing Since Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Crashing Since Upgrade: I bought my desktop pc with windows 10 installed but within a few months I was given the option to upgrade to windows 11 and unfortunately I accepted the upgrade. Worst ever choice. Every since then my new Legion tower freezes up and shuts down about every 10 minutes and says...
  8. Constant Crashing Since Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Crashing Since Upgrade: I bought my desktop pc with windows 10 installed but within a few months I was given the option to upgrade to windows 11 and unfortunately I accepted the upgrade. Worst ever choice. Every since then my new Legion tower freezes up and shuts down about every 10 minutes and says...
  9. USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in

USB Keyboard is not connecting after unplugged and plugged-in: Hi, I am using this PC HP for 2 years with same USB keyboard Dell, suddenly yesterday the keyboard was not working, normally USB devices are "Plug & Play" it should connect if unplug and plugged-in but it didn't work so give a try to reboot the machine then keyboard...
  10. Plugged In / Unplugged In Device Messages Constantly

Plugged In / Unplugged In Device Messages Constantly: Hi there, a couple weeks ago I had an "accident" on the laptop, and initially everything was messed up, such as when I would press a certain letter it would type something else and I couldn't log in immeadiately. Everything is now functioning again, except the audio. The...