Windows 10: since upgrading to Win 11 my wifi connects automatically on boot and then disconnects...

Discus and support since upgrading to Win 11 my wifi connects automatically on boot and then disconnects... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is the same with awakening the PC from sleep.I start browsing and then get 'can't find page' or similar.you notice then that the taskbar icon is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Grazuncle, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Grazuncle Win User

since upgrading to Win 11 my wifi connects automatically on boot and then disconnects...

This is the same with awakening the PC from sleep.I start browsing and then get 'can't find page' or similar.you notice then that the taskbar icon is just the Globe icon rather then the wifi signal icon. I go to Wifi and sure enough connect automatically is ticked but it shows the Connect button. I click connect and then all is well for that session till sleep or re-boot. It then does the same thing next day.Never had this problem with Win 10 on this PC.I tried unticking the Wifi adapter's option 'enable the computer to turn this device off or power save' No change.Ps.. i notice that the snip

:)

Grazuncle, Nov 23, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. Cannot connect to wifi after upgrade to Windows 10

I had always expected a few glitches after doing an in-place upgrade from Win7 to Win10 (v21H1) on my Samsung RF511 laptop (which is a few years old but in theory capable of handling Win10). After sluggish boot-up and touchpad issues (raised in separate posts), this one is about wifi connection.

The problem is simple. No wifi. Ethernet (which uses a Realtek adapter) works fine, so my internet connection as such is good. When trying to make a wireless connection, the laptop running Win 10 "sees" the wifi link. The router is a Netgear, again not the latest model. It has WPA password-key protection. But running Win10 now, the laptop "can't connect".

The laptop has a Broadcom 802.11n network adapter. With Win7 before the upgrade, the wifi connection worked fine. When dual-booted into Linux Mint on the same machine, the wifi connection still works fine. This suggests that both the Netgear router and the Broadcom adapter hardware are operating properly. The only thing that has changed is the upgrade to Win 10.

I have run the Win10 wifi troubleshooter. I've done the standard steps it asks (switch the router off and on again...). It says there is a problem.... but offers no suggestions for how to solve it.

I have looked at the network adapter properties/drivers. The driver is v.5.100.82.95 which appears to date from 2011. It is said to be working properly. Windows Updates offers no more recent version, and trying 'update driver' in Device Manager brings the message that the installed driver is the right or best one.

The Broadcom support website is hopeless, but I did find, download and install a more recent driver - v.7.5.340.0 dated 2015. No solution - the wifi still will not connect.

A laptop that can only connect via ethernet hard-wiring is not very useful. So what else can I try in order to get a wifi connection?

br1anstorm, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

since upgrading to Win 11 my wifi connects automatically on boot and then disconnects...

Connect and Disconnect internet

I just need to click the network icon in notification area, select my WiFi network and click Connect / Disconnect:

since upgrading to Win 11 my wifi  connects automatically on boot and then disconnects... [​IMG]

Selecting Connect automatically I don't have to enter the network security key manually:

since upgrading to Win 11 my wifi  connects automatically on boot and then disconnects... [​IMG]

Thema:

1. since upgrading to Win 11 my wifi connects automatically on boot and then disconnects... - Similar Threads - since upgrading wifi

2. Wifi disconnecting in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnecting in Win 11: Dear Team,i have problem with my win 11 notebook. we have configured securewlan group configured in server. That means no need to enter password . Notebook will connect Automatically. I dont understand really where is the issue.Remember : Everything is working fine in win 10...
  3. Wifi disconnecting in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disconnecting in Win 11: Dear Team,i have problem with my win 11 notebook. we have configured securewlan group configured in server. That means no need to enter password . Notebook will connect Automatically. I dont understand really where is the issue.Remember : Everything is working fine in win 10...
  4. Wifi disconnects on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnects on Win 11: Hi..Am facing wifi disconnect issue. Moment i log in to pc. Wifi works as expected and after 40 secs gets dropped. Am facing this issue from past couple of days. not sure what changed. Am using windows 11 on lenovo ideapad. I tried to update or reinstall the network adapter,...
  5. Wifi disconnects on Win 11

Wifi disconnects on Win 11: Hi..Am facing wifi disconnect issue. Moment i log in to pc. Wifi works as expected and after 40 secs gets dropped. Am facing this issue from past couple of days. not sure what changed. Am using windows 11 on lenovo ideapad. I tried to update or reinstall the network adapter,...
  6. Win 11: my wifi connects automatically on boot and then disconnects after a minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11: my wifi connects automatically on boot and then disconnects after a minute: After restart or on boot, my wifi connection has been connected first. After a few seconds, it disconnects and repeat that 1 or 2 times.I followed this topic but it doesn't work....
  7. Win 11: my wifi connects automatically on boot and then disconnects after a minute

Win 11: my wifi connects automatically on boot and then disconnects after a minute: After restart or on boot, my wifi connection has been connected first. After a few seconds, it disconnects and repeat that 1 or 2 times.I followed this topic but it doesn't work....
  8. Not able to connect automatically to a WIFI network since we upgraded to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect automatically to a WIFI network since we upgraded to Windows 11: Since upgrading to Windows 11, computers no longer connect automatically to a wifi network.It does connect manually, but we need it to connect automatically...
  9. Not able to connect automatically to a WIFI network since we upgraded to Windows 11

Not able to connect automatically to a WIFI network since we upgraded to Windows 11: Since upgrading to Windows 11, computers no longer connect automatically to a wifi network.It does connect manually, but we need it to connect automatically...
  10. since upgrading to Win 11 my wifi connects automatically on boot and then disconnects...

since upgrading to Win 11 my wifi connects automatically on boot and then disconnects...: This is the same with awakening the PC from sleep.I start browsing and then get 'can't find page' or similar.you notice then that the taskbar icon is just the Globe icon rather then the wifi signal icon. I go to Wifi and sure enough connect automatically is ticked but it...