Windows 10: Since upgrading to Windows 10, my Internet access is EXTREEEEEMLY slow.

Discus and support Since upgrading to Windows 10, my Internet access is EXTREEEEEMLY slow. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What do I need to do to rectify the extreme internet slowness since upgrading to Windows 10? It is so painful! Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarenORN, Feb 14, 2020.

1. KarenORN Win User

Since upgrading to Windows 10, my Internet access is EXTREEEEEMLY slow.

What do I need to do to rectify the extreme internet slowness since upgrading to Windows 10?

It is so painful!

Thank you.

:)

KarenORN, Feb 14, 2020

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Since upgrading to Windows 10, my Internet access is EXTREEEEEMLY slow.

Windows 10 on Asus Slow

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system as it is slow after upgrading to Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • When exactly does the system slow performance issue persists?
    • Does the issue confined while performing any specific task on Windows 10?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows Updates and driver updates after upgrading to Windows 10?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check it if helps.

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Since upgrading to Windows 10, my Internet access is EXTREEEEEMLY slow.

1. Since upgrading to Windows 10, my Internet access is EXTREEEEEMLY slow. - Similar Threads - Since upgrading Internet

2. Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11: Hi, I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 approximately a week ago, and ever since playback of any video or audio has been relentlessly slow even if it's already loaded. This happens online only as downloaded media is running just fine, but if I upload them online and play them...
  3. Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow playback since upgrading to Windows 11: Hi, I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 approximately a week ago, and ever since playback of any video or audio has been relentlessly slow even if it's already loaded. This happens online only as downloaded media is running just fine, but if I upload them online and play them...
  4. No Internet Access since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Internet Access since Windows 10 update: Hi, Can someone help. Last night i switched of my laptop and it updated and since then the interenet connection is not working. I'm using windows 10 Pro. How can i fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 slows internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 slows internet access: I recently purchased a Dell computer with Windows Pro 64 bit, After much troubleshooting, tech visits and purchase of a new router, i tried the following I booted into Ubuntu and ran the speed test - all speeds here are download; upload has been consistent in all configs....
  6. internet is slow after upgrading to Windows 10

internet is slow after upgrading to Windows 10: HI, I have recently upgraded my os to WIN 10. My internet connection drops from 50 mbps to 2 mbps. I have tried all possible solution in the internet. 1. Updated the drivers 2. updated windows. 3. changed the auto tunning level. Can someone me and fix this issue?...
  7. Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10

Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10: Hi hope somebody can help. Since upgrading to windows 10 my internet speed on my Packard Bell PC has dropped to almost nothing, less than 1mb. Before upgrade it was around 76mb. All my other laptops, tablets etc are getting good wifi speeds. When I use a ethernet connection...
  8. Cannot get on internet since upgrading to windows 10

Cannot get on internet since upgrading to windows 10: Since upgrading to windows 10 I cannot get on the internet. First error I got was "windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" I tried countless solutions: 1. Reinstalling the network protocols (failed due to group policies) 2....
  9. No internet access after window 10 upgrade.

No internet access after window 10 upgrade.: Hey! so i have recently upgraded to window 10 and im having some issues with my internet. so the problem is that it keeps on saying "no internet access " and theres also a yellow triangle on my wifi icon.I have watch so many tutorials on how to fix this but still havent...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade - internet speed very slow: I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on my W7 laptop. The install went well, no problems to report. Since then my broadband speed has suffered badly. I've just tested the speed - the download speed is 1.6mbps and upload speed 0.29mbps. It's not just my laptop suffering,...