Windows 10: Since using OneDrive, cannot delete files/folders because I'm not recognized as the...

Discus and support Since using OneDrive, cannot delete files/folders because I'm not recognized as the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since using OneDrive, I've started having problems with deleting files and folders. First, all kinds of old folders started showing up in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by suzanne, Aug 9, 2019.

1. suzanne Win User

Since using OneDrive, cannot delete files/folders because I'm not recognized as the...

Ever since using OneDrive, I've started having problems with deleting files and folders. First, all kinds of old folders started showing up in my Libraries; some are doubles, some are titled slightly differently, some are empty. I've tried deleting them, but I cannot get rid of them. I am not recognized as the Administrator; my laptop is! I've stopped OneDrive, deleted it, but the problem remains. Should I "disinherit" my laptop from the System so I can edit it or remove it as Administrator. I do I get control of things?

:)

suzanne, Aug 9, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Since using OneDrive, cannot delete files/folders because I'm not recognized as the... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Since using OneDrive, cannot delete files/folders because I'm not recognized as the... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 9, 2019
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

4. Since using OneDrive, cannot delete files/folders because I'm not recognized as the...

Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Since using OneDrive, cannot delete files/folders because I'm not recognized as the...

1. Since using OneDrive, cannot delete files/folders because I'm not recognized as the... - Similar Threads - Since using OneDrive

2. Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive: I paid for a subscription to OneDrive and installed it on my Windows 10 Home desktop computer. I uploaded my Documents folder to OneDrive on the web. Then when I ran my synchronsation program, I noticed that OneDrive or something? had put copies of dozens of files in My...
  3. Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive: I paid for a subscription to OneDrive and installed it on my Windows 10 Home desktop computer. I uploaded my Documents folder to OneDrive on the web. Then when I ran my synchronsation program, I noticed that OneDrive or something? had put copies of dozens of files in My...
  4. Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WHY I CANNOT DELETE FILES OR FOLDERS IN USE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY I CANNOT DELETE FILES OR FOLDERS IN USE: what did you do microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cannot delete files or folders that are in use what can somebody tell me how i tried to do it with cmd it did not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am going to destroy my computer by deleting system32 if you...
  6. WHY I CANNOT DELETE FILES OR FOLDERS IN USE

WHY I CANNOT DELETE FILES OR FOLDERS IN USE: what did you do microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cannot delete files or folders that are in use what can somebody tell me how i tried to do it with cmd it did not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am going to destroy my computer by deleting system32 if you...
  7. Cannot open folders or files in Onedrive using Explorer

Cannot open folders or files in Onedrive using Explorer: This problem has been floating around the forum a bit but I never saw a resolution. When I try to open any files or folders in OneDrive using Explorer, it just sits and the blue circle pointer spins for a minute or two its painfully long then stops spinning ultimately and...
  8. Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found

Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found: I cannot delete my old school's OneDrive for Business folder because I completely uninstalled the OneDrive for Business Application. Now every time on startup and at random times I receive a pop up telling me the Synced Folder cannot be found. I have tried to find the...
  9. Onedrive folder/file deletion

Onedrive folder/file deletion: Had this issue before today's cum update and still there. Local folders created within the default folders (Docs, Pictures, etc) can't be deleted and files within can't be either. If files is in a default folder vs a personally created sub-folder, they behave normally and I...
  10. Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC

Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC: I'm suddenly finding I can no longer delete any files in the OneDrive folders on my PC, even if OneDrive is no longer running. I've also tried deleting the files with the PC running in safe mode, but they still won't delete. Nothing whatsoever happens when I click on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x800700aa when deleting files from onedrive

2. cannot delete a file in onedrive

3. file stuck in onedrive cant be deleted

4. cannot delete one drive folders,
  5. A work or school OneDrive for Business folder must be empty before you can delete it.,
  6. cant delete from onedrive