Windows 10: Since we updated to Windows 10 Youtube will not play sound and the screen is erratic. How...

Discus and support Since we updated to Windows 10 Youtube will not play sound and the screen is erratic. How... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since we updated to Windows 10 Youtube will not play sound and the screen is erratic. How can we fix this? We have tried various browsers and trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelBourchier, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Since we updated to Windows 10 Youtube will not play sound and the screen is erratic. How...

Since we updated to Windows 10 Youtube will not play sound and the screen is erratic. How can we fix this?

We have tried various browsers and trouble shooting and many searches for information.

:)

MichaelBourchier, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Freeze with short sound loops while watching youtube

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you updated all the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the Windows update?
    • is the issue specific with YouTube?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the
    playing Audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 25, 2020
  3. KB3149135 and KB3163018 causing Youtube (or other videos) unable to play at full screen mode.

To your questions:

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which browser are you using to browse YouTube videos (Edge, Internet Explorer, other
      • All: Chrome, Edge, IE.

• Did you check if similar issue persists on browsing YouTube videos on other browse
      • Yes, happens on all browsers.

• Does the issue occur on playing videos saved in the system drives?
      • No, only online videos on browsers.
    I tried your suggestion twice to uninstall the drivers and reinstalling it again, didnt work.

I also tried installing the update in clean boot, also didnt work.

I am sure it is not a browser issue. Here is my debug:

I went one step further.

Upon installing the 2 updates, I uninstalled security update KB3163018 only, and i was able to play full screen mode again. BUT, problem is Windows keeps forcing me to install KB3163018 every time!!! And when this KB3163018 is installed, my youtube can't
    play full screen mode again. And I have to go programs feature to uninstall this update everyday! Please help address this issue. Thanks!

Gim GuanTan, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Since we updated to Windows 10 Youtube will not play sound and the screen is erratic. How...

Won't play sound at all, and videos such as youtube, games, etc. will not run

Hello Michael,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 3:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Since we updated to Windows 10 Youtube will not play sound and the screen is erratic. How...

1. Since we updated to Windows 10 Youtube will not play sound and the screen is erratic. How... - Similar Threads - Since updated Youtube

2. Erratic Keyboard since Updates KB4023057

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic Keyboard since Updates KB4023057: Win 10 Pro 64bit 21H2 19044.1586 120.2212.39200 Last Update successful is KB4023057 - KB4583456 continually Fails.My Keyboard has been suffering from Erratic Behaviour syndrome.I have checked and changed the Batteries - 1.5vI have checked Drivers Update - all are stated as...
  3. Erratic Keyboard since Updates KB4023057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Keyboard since Updates KB4023057: Win 10 Pro 64bit 21H2 19044.1586 120.2212.39200 Last Update successful is KB4023057 - KB4583456 continually Fails.My Keyboard has been suffering from Erratic Behaviour syndrome.I have checked and changed the Batteries - 1.5vI have checked Drivers Update - all are stated as...
  4. Erratic Keyboard since Updates KB4023057

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Erratic cursor since Windows 10 20hg update

Erratic cursor since Windows 10 20hg update: Since the recent Windows 10 20hg update I've had problems with my cursor. Initially, I lost control of the cursor but when I realised some of the updates had stalled I reloaded them and regained some control. However, I'm now stuck with a cursor that keeps jumping back a...
  6. windows 10- sound problems since update

windows 10- sound problems since update: On my system, the speaker is showing active. It is fine with headphones, Bluetooth...but will only intermittently produce sound from the actual speaker built into the computer. I've followed all of the troubleshooters and Microsoft help. I'm sure there's a conflict...
  7. No iTunes or YouTube sound on latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No iTunes or YouTube sound on latest Windows 10 update: My computer is set to automatically download Windows updates. The latest one meant I couldnt get sound on iTunes or YouTube and I had to revert to the previous version, May I think, to fix the problem. How does MS get told of this?...
  8. erratic screen behavior, windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    erratic screen behavior, windows 10: screen jumps around erratically and unpredictably, left to right and up to down. can you help with possible solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-screen-behavior-windows-10/a64c2218-3f20-4b8e-808a-476041184437
  9. No sound since October Windows 10 update

No sound since October Windows 10 update: I'm NOT tech savvy at all, so I'm about to lose my mind. Ever since the Windows 10 update in October, Windows says that I have no microphone plugged in, although it's plugged in. This is a problem in Zoom (which I use every single day for my work), Facebook, Skype, etc. I...
  10. No sound since Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound since Windows 10 update.: I have no sound since Windows 10 update. I have tried uninstalling ads reinstalling the sound drivers. Nothing has worked. Do I need RealTek audio sound drivers?...