Windows 10: Since Windows 10 2004 update i get weird artifacts on my second monitor

Discus and support Since Windows 10 2004 update i get weird artifacts on my second monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i use a dual monitor setup with both monitors set to 240hz and 1080p. Since i upgraded to the latest windows 10 update (2004) i get weird artifacts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nattax1, May 31, 2020.

1. Since Windows 10 2004 update i get weird artifacts on my second monitor

So i use a dual monitor setup with both monitors set to 240hz and 1080p.

Since i upgraded to the latest windows 10 update (2004) i get weird artifacts on my second monitor only on video related stuff (i've not testet games yet, but i could imagine its gpu related). That can be videos in browser like a youtube video or an local offline file with media player classic home.

I've not figured out when the artifcats starts to appearing, because after a pc restart or when i turn the monitor on and off again, they are dissapperaing for an unknown time Since Windows 10 2004 update i get weird artifacts on my second monitor ;)

One weird behaviour is, that when i set my second monitor to my main monitor the artifacts never starts to appearing (not even on the then second monitor, which would be my normal monitor)

I've uploaded a example. Sorry for the bad quality, but you can't record them directly in windows. The video is a random gameplay video from youtube:

Some information about my system:

• GPU: RTX 2080 TI with the latest nvidia driver 446.14 (I already used Display Driver Uninstaller for a clean reinstall
    • CPU: I7 7820x
    • RAM: 32 GB
    • Windows Build: Version 2004 Build 19041.264
    • Monitor 1: Acer Predator XB252Q
    • Monitor 2: Asus Rog Strix XG258Q (Where the Problem occur)
    • Both Monitors are connected with a Displayport cable version 1.4

I've already tried to disable and enable g-sync and tried different refresh rates like 200/100hz but no luck.

submitted by /u/Nattax1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nattax1, May 31, 2020

2. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, May 31, 2020
  3. Error: No signal on second monitor after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience caused to you with accessing the second monitor, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers.

As you have already tried to update the drivers and issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers for second monitor and re0install them from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1: Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Also, contact the manufacturer's website and try to install those drivers for your device.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

To know more about this issue, I suggest you to refer to the article by
    Andre Da Costa
    and check:

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, May 31, 2020
  4. Since Windows 10 2004 update i get weird artifacts on my second monitor

windows Can't detect my second monitor

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

I will certainly help you to resolve the issue.

• What happens when you try to connect the second monitor?

• Do you receive any error code/message?

• Have you tried to connect the second monitor on a different port?
    I suggest you to connect second display using a different port available on your PC and check if the second display works. If second display works in other port, then the possible cause for this issue may be discrete video card driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Update the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the video driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Also, see:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Since Windows 10 2004 update i get weird artifacts on my second monitor

1. Since Windows 10 2004 update i get weird artifacts on my second monitor - Similar Threads - Since 2004 update

2. My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed: I installed my second gpu gt 710 and connected it to my second monitor. It was all fine until now, for some reason, when using my second monitor, the first gpu 1660 super usage increases even though its not connected and my second gpu usage is 0% and I just went on youtube...
  3. My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed: I installed my second gpu gt 710 and connected it to my second monitor. It was all fine until now, for some reason, when using my second monitor, the first gpu 1660 super usage increases even though its not connected and my second gpu usage is 0% and I just went on youtube...
  4. My Gpu is acting weird ever since second gpu + monitor installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird: I have version 2004 (windows 10), on an HP envy x360 15m-dr0012dx. Ever since the new windows update, I have had lots of difficulties using my second monitor. Sometimes (randomly as far as I can tell), my computer will stop outputting the signal to the HDMI port, but it will...
  6. Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ever since the new update, using a second monitor has been weird: I have version 2004 windows 10, on an HP envy x360 15m-dr0012dx. Ever since the new windows update, I have had lots of difficulties using my second monitor. Sometimes randomly as far as I can tell, my computer will stop outputting the signal to the HDMI port, but it will...
  7. Weird latency issues and stuttering since updating windows 10 to 2004

Weird latency issues and stuttering since updating windows 10 to 2004: Hi, yesterday my windows 10 updated to this damn 2004 version of it and ever since I get random weird lag spikes in video and audio, so today I've found out about latecymon and the problem seems to be from the nvidia drivers and storport.sys apparently:...
  8. Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004

Graphical artifacts after updating to 2004: Hello, I updated to the new 2004 version and also updated my nvidia drivers, since then I'm having a graphical glitch from time to time, I'm 99% sure it started with this update because it also started to happen on my girlfriend's PC, we both use double monitors on extended...
  9. Artifacts on second monitor after 2004 update. Updating Nvidia driver didnt help.

Artifacts on second monitor after 2004 update. Updating Nvidia driver didnt help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Noiselexer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtwvjg/artifacts_on_second_monitor_after_2004_update/
  10. Weird artifacts after latest update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird artifacts after latest update on Windows 10: Hi, I got weird artifacts after latest update when i open PDF in Edge and the same artifacts happened yesterday in NVIDIA Geforce Experience overlay i had to disable it and enable overlay again but i didn't get chance to get screenshot. But this screenshot from PDF...